PDA

View Full Version : which screw is fuel screw on 400ex

engle_andrew
10-17-2005, 10:55 AM
when i turn the small screw on bottom out all my gas runs out my quad is running perfect but i was messing with that screw some time ago and all my gas started pouring out.and what is the screw that is connected to that black hose thing??

Doibugu2
10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
That should be your idle.

The one your refering to is under the carb and can't be seen unless you get way down low and look. It's very hard to adjust without turning the carb or taking the carb off.

PunkA$$
10-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by engle_andrew
when i turn the small screw on bottom out all my gas runs out my quad is running perfect but i was messing with that screw some time ago and all my gas started pouring out.and what is the screw that is connected to that black hose thing??

I believe you might be refering to the carb drain screw. This screw is facing horizontally at the bottom of the bowl, yes??

The idle mixture screw is hidden underneath the front of the carb situated vertically in a small hole.

tater_kamik
10-18-2005, 07:56 PM
^^^^ im sure you are right, that screw is supposed to do that... plus im an firm believer in "if its not broken..." unless its aftermarket parts:blah:

cals400ex
10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
the fuel screw is hard to get to when the carb and everything is installed on the bike. i can do it when the bike is cold so i don't burn my fingers. the fuel screw is on the very bottom of the carb. it is a brass colored screw also. it is behind the idle adjustment so it is hard to see.