PDA

View Full Version : 450r vs. yfz450

440bigborekit
10-17-2005, 09:44 AM
now i dont want to start any flame fest here but i want to buy a new quad and am having a hard time desiding on wich one to get i want to know mostly about reliabality of them both the years of the machines i am looking at are 2004-2005 again I DO NOT WANT TO START A FLAME FEST SO IF YOUR GONNA FLAME ON ANYBODY DONT EVEN POST!! all help will be appreacheated thanx
-brian

10-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Id say the honda cuz its more reliable from what ive heard. Also cuz im a honda guy.. but the yfz is a great quad n u cant make a bad choice between either of them. I recommend finding a way to ride both of them n see which one u prefer.

440bigborekit
10-17-2005, 10:00 AM
i did ride both of the bike and the yfz felt better to me but i also herd nothing but problems with them and thanks for thanx help bro i still need some more replys tho.
-brian

parkers30
10-17-2005, 10:15 AM
the only problem I have had with my 04yfz are the known and corrected problems in 05, if you maintain a yfz, you wont have problems, you you liked the feel of the yfz better then get that, they are remarkably even bikes

Punk'd
10-17-2005, 11:57 AM
I have a 04 450r and its been the best bike iv ever owned. Not one problem at all and its always right on when I push it to go farther n farther. So you know who gets my vote:)

10-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I have a 04 450r and its been the best bike iv ever owned. Not one problem at all and its always right on when I push it to go farther n farther. So you know who gets my vote:) im with him :macho

MR.BIG
10-17-2005, 01:57 PM
I too join the band wagon, 450r all the way!

jwick07
10-17-2005, 02:10 PM
From what I've read in stock form the Hondas' suspension is more user friendly than the Yammie meaning that it is eaiser to adjust and that the adjustments are more noticeable, also the Honda has a better footpeg to seat height it has lower pegs so it feels less cramped, when i ride a yammie i feel like I'm sitting right in the bars with my legs tucked up tight under me and my knees are higher than the bars but the Honda feels larger and not as cramped and I'm 6'3". I have yet to have any problems with any of the Hondas that I've ever owned and the three of that blue brand were always in the shop which is why I RIDE RED.

440bigborekit
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
thanxs for all the help guys but keep em' coming and i am 6'4 and only 15 if that helps

jwick07
10-17-2005, 03:53 PM
I put a set of pro taper AC-3 bars on my Honda and turned them up a little and I feel very comfortable. My inseam is 36inches if that tells you how leggy I am, on the yammie even ones with aftermarket bars I just felt HUGHE and crampped. I suggest ride both a few times and go from there and buy a HONDA:D

zeppelin
10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
wow i cant believe it i thought this thread would be a flame fest for sure. any way i like the yfz more i like its stiffer suspension, and the power delivery it hits hard and feels like it actualy has more power than it really does, oh i am 6'2 and i loove the ergonomics of the yfz it is very slim and has PLENTY of room... i wish i had one :(

440bigborekit
10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
hi guys i made up my mind i want the yfz i jus of my cousins and i love it i might even buy it from him for only 3500 i didnt feel cramped on it or anything i also got a 400ex and am gonna keep that so ill be riden red and blue thanks for the help everyone

-brian

standardryder
10-17-2005, 06:12 PM
i might be gettn a 450r tomarrow:D my bro just bought a bran new yfz and he has had it 2 weeks. it already needs a new carb...:ermm: we were riding and his whole header was glowing, so he brought it back, they fixed it. but they left it out in the pouring rain so it got a ton of water in the gas. he drained it and it still wouldnt run, so he brought it back and one of the needles in the carb backed itself out cause the hole wasnt taped right. hope you have better luck then he does. it is still a very nice quad though. good luck!

250x_kyle
10-17-2005, 07:35 PM
id get a yfz but both r awsome bikes

Doober
10-17-2005, 07:55 PM
what kind of riding are you planning one doing? and i would go ride them both if you can to see which one feels better to you, then go from there

sampleez
10-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
i might be gettn a 450r tomarrow:D my bro just bought a bran new yfz and he has had it 2 weeks. it already needs a new carb...:ermm: we were riding and his whole header was glowing, so he brought it back, they fixed it. but they left it out in the pouring rain so it got a ton of water in the gas. he drained it and it still wouldnt run, so he brought it back and one of the needles in the carb backed itself out cause the hole wasnt taped right. hope you have better luck then he does. it is still a very nice quad though. good luck!

it's normal for the header to glow. i think the yfz kinda feels like a dirtbike, in that it makes you want to ride in the "attack position" more than when i rode a 450r. i had a 300ex and 400ex before. i rode both the 450's and the yfz fit my riding style a lot better, and felt a lot faster than the 450r i rode.......and looks tons better :devil:

freakystone
10-18-2005, 04:37 PM
I bought the YFZ when they both came out and love it. But if the 450R had electric start back then, I would have gone with the Honda instead...