PDA

View Full Version : A question for MOFO or any MOD

jwick07
10-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Is there a way that you could just block people that are destroying sombodys thread instead of closing it. I was thinking just delete there garbage and block them from posting there and let the tread continue if it was good until the problem children came in and highjacked it?? Does that make sense?

jwick07
10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
:huh anyone??

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes and no.

It's possible for a moderator to delete a few posts and clean up a thread, but you can't keep the troublemakers out of that thread later on. The only way to keep them out is to ban them from the entire site.

However, cleaning up threads is generally a HUGE pain in the ***, because it's never just one person or a few posts. You get one bad post, but then 10 people reply, and then the flame fests starts. So if we moderators want to clean up a thread, we are generally trying to clean several pages.

It's much easier to just delete the thread.

This is why we tell people to report posts, then ignore that person. If it was only 1 post, we could EASILY edit it. However, when it becomes 20 posts, because people keep replying, then we just close the thread down.

jwick07
10-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks just wanting to know

Ghost-Rider
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
yea kinda like that girl that like had that thread about horses and like everyone keept making fun of her? like.... im sorry i had to but see how easy a post goes bad??

eldercyclerep
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
or my post where all it had was pics of my new 400ex and people starting argueing over it

MOFO
10-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Yep...I have found that when you delete someone's post, you end up getting bombed by PM's or that person complaining in that thread about their posts being deleted - then you have to delete more...it can be an endless cycle.

You just cant win... damned if you do and damned if you don't.

As Wilkin said, its easier just to remove the whole thing. I have been tough on some people that have been causing threads to be deleted...so hopefully they clean their act up, or they just might disappear. Too many good threads are going bad.

MOFO
10-17-2005, 03:24 PM
eldercyclerep,

Since you seem pretty reasonable and did not fly off the handle like most, I re-opened your thread and cleaned it up. :)

jwick07, you have a PM. ;)

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
One more point to add.

That's nice of Mofo to clean and re-open a thread. I doubt I would be willing to put forth that much effort.

Guys, sometimes life sucks. Sometimes you start a good thread, and somebody else comes in and ruins it. Too bad, get over it. Don't get all hurt just because somebody else ruined your thread. It's life, get over it and move on.

MOFO
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

That's nice of Mofo to clean and re-open a thread. I doubt I would be willing to put forth that much effort.

Trust me, thats my good deed for the month, maybe year... :devil:

eldercyclerep
10-17-2005, 10:10 PM
lol thank you mofo