PDA

View Full Version : more power

blasterman
10-17-2005, 05:51 AM
I have a stock 2004 Blaster and need to make it faster. I am thinking of either a Toomey or LRD but don't know which one to go with. Any help wpold be great.

ommkevin
10-17-2005, 02:09 PM
get a hmf

JOEX
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ommkevin
get a hmf
Does HMF make 2-stroke pipes?

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
It begs the question, is he clueless about HMF, and doesn't even know what they offer? How can he reccomend something he doesn't even know about?

Or worse, is he clueless about ATVs, and doesn't even know what a blaster is? Again, how can he reccomend something for a quad he knows nothing about.

I either case, it's a pretty sure bet he has no direct experience, so can you really trust his advice?

Thanks for all your help, Kevin!

10-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I would start out with an exaust for shure! brand doesent matter they are all about the same, some louder than others.

They do offer some pretty reasonible top end kits for thoes blasters. and it seems like they would be a breez to install.

but start with exaust, filter, jets, remove air box lid. then you will have some dicent power.

trx400exat05
10-17-2005, 08:54 PM
im thinking get the power core 2 fmf slip on ..... thats the only good 2 stroke pipe i can think of... i ride a 400ex soo dont use me as reliable...

10-17-2005, 09:05 PM
for 2smoke you want the full pipe. just a slip on doesent do much. that aftermarket expansion chamber really makes a big diffrence. check ebay if you are shy on spending money. prolly a rusty hunk of crap on thare, but they are fast event if they are not so perdy.

blasterman
10-19-2005, 07:43 AM
i do know about quads. I have been arounmd them sisce i was about 9. I have herd good and bad aobut both pipes. My friends has a Toomey and he says it's great but I have herd the LRD is better.

future 450?
10-19-2005, 08:25 AM
full system pipe, oil injection block-off, boyesen rad valve and power reeds

SET THE STAGE
10-19-2005, 08:37 AM
get either a phantom or LRD if you're looking for a nice pipe/silencer.

the phantom can be found here.. http://www.vcatv.com/PBexhaust.htm it's the first one. it's not quite as good as an LRD but pretty damn close. it's also about 50 bucks cheaper. so if you're looking for a good pipe but can't dish out over 300 bucks, this is your answer

on the other hand if money isn't a problem, LRD all the way brahh. you can't go wrong with one, they're amazing. http://www.lrdracing.com/ you can find them there for more info and a dyno chart on it. ;)