PDA

View Full Version : what video editor?

csimp3
10-16-2005, 10:30 PM
hey what programs are you guys using to edit your videos?, is there anything i can get on the internet for a free trial that is decent, and easy to use?, this will be my first video, actually i just got my quad, but were gonna film some stuff tomorrow, thanks

TILLER
10-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by csimp3
hey what programs are you guys using to edit your videos?, is there anything i can get on the internet for a free trial that is decent, and easy to use?, this will be my first video, actually i just got my quad, but were gonna film some stuff tomorrow, thanks try windows movie maker.. it comes on almost all Operating sytems.. very basic but easy to use to start then get Vegas or Adobe down the rd

csimp3
10-17-2005, 01:07 PM
sweet, i found it, thanks, didnt even know it was there

omaits
10-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Adobe Premiere, all the way...

Pinnacle Studio isnt too bad either. It is very easy to use but doesnt have as many features as Premeire.

mars69
11-10-2005, 08:01 AM
yea true, but if u want the best out of a video, Try Adobe Primere elements, Its the one i have, and i mean my movies look like holly wood ;)

Honda6sv
11-10-2005, 11:13 AM
one of my friends has a connection for the back of the tower, and it allows for putting film from a video camera onto the computer, has anyone ever heard of something like this? and if so where can i get it, and for how much?...thanx

mars69
11-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Honda6sv
one of my friends has a connection for the back of the tower, and it allows for putting film from a video camera onto the computer, has anyone ever heard of something like this? and if so where can i get it, and for how much?...thanx

what you are looking for is a Fire wire cable, Fast and easy, its plug and play.

Heres is what you need:

A computer input (circled)
http://www.aapvrf.cornell.edu/Mediatips/StudioDV/capture/firewire-computer.jpg

The Cable to link the camera to the computer:

http://www.deremate.com.ar/user/images/902/9022630.jpg

After that check ur camera for the input

http://www.aapvrf.cornell.edu/Mediatips/StudioDV/capture/firewire-gl1.jpg

then download it onto ur software.

if you need more help seek this site for more information::

http://www.aapvrf.cornell.edu/Mediatips/StudioDV/capture/Index.html

Honda6sv
11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
is it a program u can buy with the firewire cables included?...or is it just the cable...and if its just the cable will windows movie maker work with this?...thanx

omaits
11-10-2005, 03:47 PM
You could also use a capture card that would have A/V inputs for using an analog camcorder or vcr. It is possible that yoru friend has this. (A vcr can also be hooked up to your computer through a digital camcorder with firewire, but that is another topic) The firewire will only work with a digital one that has the firewire outs.

Chances are the camera you are talking about does have it, but if not, you will be forced to spend a little extra on the capture card.

Either way, you are looking at around 20 for a firewire cable and card. I bought a card from newegg.com for $10 (shipped) and a cable on ebay for $7 (shipped).

and...yes firewire shoudl be compatible with movie maker. I have never used it personally, but all video editing software I am aware of have firewire support.

Rip_Tear
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
It could just be your average video in input, you know like the Red Yellow and White cables for your PS2, Nintendo etc. You can get a card that goes into your computer or a bit that hooks up to your USB ports.

mars69
11-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Honda6sv
is it a program u can buy with the firewire cables included?...or is it just the cable...and if its just the cable will windows movie maker work with this?...thanx

yea normaly with your camcorder you get a package with software in it. But if you dont not a big hassel, all u need is >windows movie play
>Firewire cable
>firewire input (both camera and pc)

and then the rest it tells u what to do.. Simple.. :)

Honda6sv
11-11-2005, 01:26 AM
ic...will the quality be the same as a video tape...since ur playng it directly from the camcorder?...or ill it be any better?...how does h bomb/akraix ger crystal clear footage?