PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my tundra's stereo

Bush0102
10-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok my tundra has the factory 6 disc in dash cd player. Its jammed and i want to fix it- not replace it because i like the fact that it holds 6 cds and i really dont want to spend the money on a new head unit.

Anyway, how can i get the dash panel that surrounds the CD player off? I tried prying it off, i gave it a little bit of force but i didnt yank on it because it wasnt wanting to pop off and i dont want to break it.

Anybody know if i just need to pry harder or if there are screws or something i need to remove to get the CD player out?

Bush0102
10-16-2005, 08:15 PM
or does anybody know of any good websites that might have some info on this? I couldnt find anything useful on Yahoo or Google

Rastus
10-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure because I've never worked on a 'Yota dash before.
Although, if no screws are visible then it's most likely in with clips. Most of the time, they can be tough to get off but they should come off with some force. Sorry I couldn't be of better help to your subject.

kaneman23
10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Ok my tundra has the factory 6 disc in dash cd player. Its jammed and i want to fix it- not replace it because i like the fact that it holds 6 cds and i really dont want to spend the money on a new head unit.

Anyway, how can i get the dash panel that surrounds the CD player off? I tried prying it off, i gave it a little bit of force but i didnt yank on it because it wasnt wanting to pop off and i dont want to break it.

Anybody know if i just need to pry harder or if there are screws or something i need to remove to get the CD player out?

If it's anything like My Tacoma then its very simple... Just remove the climate control knobs. Then pull out the ash tray, where you should find a few screws. Once you remove those then the whole center bezel should pop right off. You could also check out crutchfields website. They've got instructions on removing factory stereo's that they ship with all new orders. I'm sure they would send you one...

Heybo
10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
There are screws holding it on. Pull the a/c knobs off and look behind them. Also look up behind the vent louvers. The center section should come off then and you will be able to get the the 4 bolts holding the radio.

FourFiftyFour
10-16-2005, 10:45 PM
yeah... the ones in the vents can be tricky to find when u dont have good lighting.... trust me... my dash sorta ticked me off just a bit during that whole ordeal. its not that bad tho... :blah: