PDA

View Full Version : full exhaust

09-23-2001, 03:29 PM
is it worth buying a full exhaust for a 400 or is a slip on just as good? and if anyone has heard what kind of power does the dmc produce, or is a wb full system just as good. and what have you heard about the fmf powercore with the powercore 4 squared

Foxrage
09-23-2001, 03:50 PM
The new head pipe isnt that important unless you bore out your motor and all that good stuff. The slip-on is fine though. i think the fmf or dmc has the better headers of the 3. I like the new dmc alien for the 4000 but i can get a curtis sparks pipe for that and a k&n filter for the price of the dmc the sparks pipe is the best one out right now. The wb complete is also more than the curtis sparks. So if you were going to get the complete system then i would get the curtis sparks. but if you get a slip on i would get the WB or pro circuit is also a good pipe.

09-23-2001, 06:27 PM
never herd of a 4000ex
just buttin ur ba11$

i always dont type correctly

ZT

09-23-2001, 09:50 PM
You will get a larger power gain from a complete pipe hince the head pipe.

09-24-2001, 08:38 AM
I run the complete FMF system,,,powerbomb and powercore IV/2 pipe,,,it works great,,,good all around pipe for trailriding or racing. Power gains were great but I've also added a few extra mods to go along with the pipe setup..

barbwire44
09-24-2001, 09:09 AM
I have a powercore IV-2 and it is a great pipe it looks good sounds good and made a big difference in low end power and unlike the white bros. it doesn't fall apart!! And if you notice all the dyno testing done on these pipes there is no significant difference and the fmf is the only pipe they just test as a slip on and not a full system. I beleive if it was tested with the hi flow header or the powerbomb it would definately lead the pack. Also have you ever seen any pictures of white brothers or pro circuits pipe manufacturing plants.....No thats because they dont make pipes someone else makes them for them. FMF all the way!

09-24-2001, 07:45 PM
......my wb hasn't fallen apart yet and it has been threw a
bit of a buse..it is now 2.5 years old and still going strong