PDA

View Full Version : Tie rods and bushings HELP!!!

dasanii19
10-16-2005, 03:21 PM
--PLEASE HELP GUYS WHAT DO I NEED??

I have a 1993 300ex that im pretty sure the tierod bushings are shot. When I hold the front 2 wheels in place and wiggle the handle bars side to side I can see the tie rods wiggle thats connected to the sterring stem. I dont know if I have to get whole new tie rods? or jcan I just replace the bushings?? where the best priced place to get these kinda parts? Will 400ex tie rods fit my 300ex? ive seen a few 400ex tierods in the for sale section but dont know if they will fit. I would like to replace as many bushings that I can if it isnt to much money. I mean should I replace other bushings and what not since im going to be replacing the tierod/Bushings?

I mean the tie rods are the only things I can visually see that are needing replacing, can you reccomend other thins I should replace???

Pappy
10-16-2005, 03:25 PM
http://216.37.204.202/Honda_OEM/HondaATV.asp?Type=13&A=13&B=29

item #1 and item #2

you need 2 of each

i believe www.rockymountainatv.com also offers a tie rod end for the 300ex that maybe cheaper then the oem unit

dasanii19
10-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Anyone else have any input ?

Pappy what do you mean 2 or each? Those are pretty expensive, couldnt I buy used for way cheaper in very good shape? is this the link you meant to giveme showing item #1 and #2??http://216.37.204.202/Honda_OEM/HondaATV.asp?Type=13&A=14&B=24

Pappy
10-16-2005, 03:46 PM
sorry i meant to say 2 of each.

one tie rod end is right handed thread, one is left handed thread. you need 1 of each for each side of the quad.

you may find a set used, but they may be wore out also.

the lkink should take you to www.ronnies.com microfische for the 1993 300ex

here is the ones that rmatv sells
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/vehicleSelectProd.do

dasanii19
10-16-2005, 03:54 PM
ok so meaning I will need 4 component parts all together? ,( 2 ends on each tie rod) right?

Also after I take off these old ones and put new on. do I need to adjust the alighnment or anything like that? How would I go about doing that if so?

Pappy
10-16-2005, 03:57 PM
yes, it takes 2 tie rod ends per side

you can reset your toe fairly easily, ive done a few where i just measured the length before i tool the old ends off then set up the new ends to the same length. that will get you real close to where you were, however if the ones from rockymountain are different then OEM id say your going to have to just reset the toe like normal.

once you get to that point, make a thread and someone will walk you thru it if needed

dasanii19
10-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks man for the quick responces. Do you know anything about flushing gas tanks out? I found alot of grim/dirt in mine and I flushed it out with alot of water, and im letting the tank set in the sun for a few days, will that be ok?

Pappy
10-16-2005, 04:40 PM
lol water:eek2:

your going to have to really get all the water out of the tank. id flush it with several gallons of gas several times.

dasanii19
10-16-2005, 06:43 PM
yea im gonna have it out in the sun for a few days and if I still hear or see water Ill stick my air compressor valve in it for a while to absorb the left over water. Ill prolly run a little gas through it as well. But you should have seen the dirt in that gas tank. man im glad I didnt start it. My buddy gave me this quad so im trying to get things right on it again, it just seems real weathered and need s a little TLC.

On another note, I just cleaned up the carb on it and put it back on, how do I prim the carb? or what postion do I turn the gas valve to when I go to start it up? do I need to choke it?

If you dont know its cool, thanks for your help..