PDA

View Full Version : terrible loss to our sport!!!!

QCquad83
10-16-2005, 03:13 PM
i got word earlier in the day that a fellow racer of mine who may have been one of the fastest guys in the state of illinois was airlifted from a track in our district. well i just got word that he did not survive and we have lost him. i didn't know him that well but racing in his class and pitting next to him i started to get to know him and he was a nice kid and had so much pontential. it's the worst thing our sport can witness.

Tommy 17
10-16-2005, 03:23 PM
:( sorry to hear that... i hate to hear of anohter rider get hurt yet alone loose his life...

god speed man:(

rollie
10-16-2005, 03:31 PM
that sucks, im sorry man

that really makes you think twice about racing:(

Cdaleracer
10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
I really hate hearing things like that. I read on QZ that a 14 year old boy died in PA while on a track this weekend also.

Mity Mo
10-16-2005, 04:29 PM
who was it? I use to race in district 17 before I retired.

roostin_dale
10-16-2005, 04:31 PM
QCquad83..your Robert Meyers or somethin right?

I also just got a phone call telling me this news. I was amazed and couldnt believe it, thinking that i was just racing with him a couple weeks ago..

He was a very cool person and fun to talk to...we will miss him!

roostin_dale
10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Mity Mo
who was it? I use to race in district 17 before I retired.

Brandon Bracken

FHKracingZ
10-16-2005, 05:28 PM
roostin_dale , ure PM box is full and get on aim , we need to talk, ill IM u

JRP
10-16-2005, 05:52 PM
that sucks man.. R.I.P.:(

FHKracingZ
10-16-2005, 06:03 PM
hey roostin , IM me on aim as soon as u can thelivingend1683

thanks

aman
10-16-2005, 07:45 PM
my god, i cant believe such a thing has happened.......i shudder to think that i was just racing with the kid less than a month ago and hes not even here anymore.....:( my condolences go out to his family.....im very sorry to hear of this

Fred55
10-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah I am very surprised to hear this also, I remeber just less than two months ago I was talking to him at a race, my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

godspeed

QCquad83
10-16-2005, 08:42 PM
yeah im robert............but that is correct it was brandon...........words can't describe what his family is dealing with. this is a terrible thing and i believe or track will be doing something this weekend to remember him at our last race. my prayers and thoughts are with his family as well...... i didn't get enought time to get to know him but the little i did and race with him he was a true competitor and great person.

RIP Brandon Bracken #136

mbiigambler
10-16-2005, 09:06 PM
I just heard this on our local news. I have seen his name in the AMA magazine. Does anyone know what happened.

It was at the Mount Carrol track.

roostin_dale
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by mbiigambler
I just heard this on our local news. I have seen his name in the AMA magazine. Does anyone know what happened.

It was at the Mount Carrol track.

He cased a triple and i guess the Grab bar broke his hip, puntcured his spleen and tore up his liver..:(

roostin_dale
10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by QCquad83
words can't describe what his family is dealing with.

I can only imagine. I talked to a couple of his close friends and they are not taking it very well either.

10-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I knew him through the races, not personally but saw him at the races. He dominated C class last year and B class this year and was moving up to A. I get sick to my stomach every time I think about it and makes me want to quit racing. Life is so short and precious. Such a tragedy.

kwatts400
10-17-2005, 12:47 AM
RIP Brandon Bracken #136 [/B][/QUOTE]

FHKracingZ
10-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Accually guys I was talking to one of Brandons close A class friends ethan pickard and he talked to jake conroy who was racing right behind him, and he told ethan everything that happened. This is what happened, Brandon was going up the uphill whoops section when he lost it for somereason , causing him to go over the bars and tumble with the quad , the grab bar punchered his spleen , he tore a artery from his liver to his heart? He broke his pelvis, along with being beat up. Jake conroy and one other rider had his eyes open and were talking to him for a while, right before the life line got there he started to go into shock and all hell broke loose. The wierd thing is jake said there was shock oil all over the place :confused: . But no matter what we all know hes up there ripping it up with matt bartosek and kelly chang, live on bro we all miss ya :(

rip, brandon , we will all be with u some day.

QCquad83
10-17-2005, 10:02 AM
yeah thats what i heard what happen too.

QuadJunkies
10-17-2005, 10:45 AM
That is very sad.. God bless :(

10-17-2005, 10:53 AM
:(

RIP

10-17-2005, 10:56 AM
R.I.P. thats always hard to hear, my condolences to his friends and family.

mbiigambler
10-17-2005, 11:08 AM
The quad must have landed on him just right for the grab bar to puncture his spleen.

I know this is a dangerous sport, but it sounds like it was a freak accident.

I know I've been thrown from my machine a couple times and I have always been able to walk away.

It bothers me when I hear of people riding quads with no helmet or riding gear and getting hurt, but Brandon had all his gear and protection on, and he was a great rider.

I guess we just never know when our time is up.

FHKracingZ
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Brandon was a good and safe rider but he never wore and chest protecter or anything under-armor, thats what sucked.

roostin_dale
10-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Brandon was a good and safe rider but he never wore and chest protecter or anything under-armor, thats what sucked.

I was thinking of that today. How everytime we raced he never had a chest protector on. I just kept wondering what would have happend if he did wear one..?

Honda TRX250ex
10-17-2005, 02:30 PM
aww man im so sorry to hear that

rip:(

laeger2fiddyr
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
BRANDON DID WEAR A CHEST PROTECTOR, HE WORE AN EVS PROTECTOR UNDER HIS JERSEY. CHEST PROTECTORS ARE DESIGNED TO PROTECT FROM ROOST. A THIN PIECE OF PLASTIC IS NOT GOING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE FROM A 400 SOME POUND QUAD LANDING ON YOU. THEY DO PROTECT SOME BUT NOT THAT MUCH. BRANDON WAS A HELL OF A KID. HE WILL BE MISSED, AND I'M GLAD I GOT TO KNOW HIM THESE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS RACING IN DIST. 17. LIKE THEY SAY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!

QCquad83
10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
thats all to true......all we can do i remember him in our thoughts and prayers. And hopefully this doesn't scare anyone away from racing i feel brandon would want us all to keep racing and just remember him and ride as hard as he did. these are terrible things but life is unpredictable. i'm glad to see a lot of people on here that knew him and that everyone felt that he was a cool kid.

QCquad83
10-17-2005, 06:46 PM
we will be doing something for brandon at our race, in coal valley Il. (tri-city). but anyone who would like to honor brandon close friends, and family are more than welcome to come out and help us pay respects to a great person/racer. Gods speed brandon

maxakerman951
10-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Never really got to meet brandon, i mumbled hey to him every once in a while when we walked by eachother in the pits, he was one hell of a rider and in my mind had a big carreer ahead of him. Brandon will be missed by everyone, but never forgotten.

R.i.p. Brandon Bracken #136 shred the hills of heaven

-max akerman

10-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Here is an article about him:

Brandon Bracken (http://www.rrstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051018/NEWS0107/110180015/1011/NEWS0107)

Wonder how this will affect the quad racers in D17 and if it willl prevent people from racing.

QuadJunkies
10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cron
Here is an article about him:

Brandon Bracken (http://www.rrstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051018/NEWS0107/110180015/1011/NEWS0107)

Wonder how this will affect the quad racers in D17 and if it willl prevent people from racing.

Thats just heart breaking to read as a parent... :(

This will be a tough time for them for quite some time,losing your child takes a long time to heal . God bless the family .

laeger2fiddyr
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
i dont think it will make people in dist. 17 stop racing. anyone who races knows the dangers that come along with this sport! it was just one of those freak things that happens! we just never try to think about them. i race in dist 17 and i got to know brandon the last couple of years and i know that he would want us to keep racing! its just not going to be the same with out him there. my thoughts and prayers go out to his dad and mom, who are both two awesome people! i race in the a class and after every moto and main his dad would always have all of us who race in the a class come over to watch the race on the tv he had in his trailer! i know next year it just wont be the same with out them there! his dad was always ready to lend tools or a helping hand to anyone of us. brandon was an awesome kid and racer! he will be missed! RIP #136

Ghost-Rider
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
wow dude that sucks
R.I.P.

Honda TRX250ex
10-18-2005, 01:23 PM
did brandon have a name for ex riders?

10-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Man o Man, Brandon was like a brother to me. He tought me so much in racing. Brandon and I always talked bout bein in A class next year and I was jealous when he moved up this year. He had plenty of points wrapped up to just go and mess around. I unfortunately didnt. Brandin will be missed. Brandon, Buddy, We will meet up again someday and we will race again. Miss ya man

Roost up heaven man

Hollars #88

maxakerman951
11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
does anyone know if us dirbikers can come to his memorial, or is it for just quad riders and really close friends? like i said i never really talked to him just said hey occasionlly in he pits, but i still wanna go to the memorial to give respect for a fellow rider. thank you, max akerman #951

QCquad83
11-02-2005, 09:24 AM
anyone can go to his memorial rides.............byron is this weekend......all support is welcome....when anyone of our sport suffers from a tragedy like this it is like a fellow friend no matter what your relationship is with him. this is what is great about our sport. everyone supports everyone and it is great to see.

FourFiftyFour
11-02-2005, 09:37 AM
tears came to my eyes when I read that article. That truly is such a sad loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to that family. Godspeed #136 even though I never knew you I am sad, some day I will rip it up up there with you.