PDA

View Full Version : best price

flyboy62
10-16-2005, 09:32 AM
i'm looking for the best price for the LTR450 in NJ, PA, NY area.

4strokin
11-20-2005, 07:52 PM
i'm looking for the best price as well, has anyone been quoted a price OTD for the 450 yet?

sunco
11-21-2005, 05:20 AM
Not yet. Still looking

4strokin
11-21-2005, 09:16 PM
so far i've called a whole bunch of dealers and it ranged from 7400 to 8300 OTD but i'm still looking

jason14x
11-22-2005, 10:20 AM
74-8300 out the door? Your getting taken.....list is 7299. 00 I dont care how bad i wanted one I wont let any dealer charge me more than list just because of demand. If your willing to travle and look around you can always find a dealer who will sell you one for the right price. I understand its gonna be agreat bike and i plan on having one of the first ones around here but I wont pay over list for anything .......I'd rather wait.

Jason

TWISTED
11-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Our local dealer is gonna sell them for $8300 otd. They said that $7299 was suggested retail, and they could name their own price. Sounds like price gouging to me, but they have an a## load of deposits already, so I guess some people don't care.

mxquadracer
11-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Was quoted 7 even the other day...don't pay more than list price.

You could find less than 7 I'm willing to bet with enough negotiations...money in hand TALKS for itself

jason14x
11-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Twisted.....dude look elsewhere....almost a grand over list is not price gouging its called a felony..friggin robbery! I understand that dealers can set their own prices but supply and demand does drive the economy . For that price you would be better off driving 100 miles in any direction and youd still make out about 6-700 dollars better than that quote!! ....and thats at list price.

Mx quadracer is right look around and youll find a list price or lower somewhere....then just let all your friends know and your local dealer will be dropping his price fast !!!

Jason

TWISTED
11-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by jason14x
Twisted.....dude look elsewhere....almost a grand over list is not price gouging its called a felony..friggin robbery! I understand that dealers can set their own prices but supply and demand does drive the economy . For that price you would be better off driving 100 miles in any direction and youd still make out about 6-700 dollars better than that quote!! ....and thats at list price.

Mx quadracer is right look around and youll find a list price or lower somewhere....then just let all your friends know and your local dealer will be dropping his price fast !!!

Jason

Oh don't worry... I'd like to try one, but not that bad..... i'll wait and see what happens after a couple of races and see what they're about!!!

trx440
11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Does everbody here understand what OTD means?

If List is $7299 and you get an OTD quote of $7400 on the hottest - yet to be released - new quad on the market you better jump on it.

Subtract Tax, Prep, Freight, DOC and you are WAY under list.

ATV Father
11-24-2005, 06:13 AM
This is the cheapest I have found by far. Even after the handling fee!

Deep Creek Marina (http://www.deepcreekmarina.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=05468714X11K18K2005J7I3 2I13JPMQ1568R0&veh=24499&CatDesc=ATVs)

mxquadracer
11-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Does everbody here understand what OTD means?

If List is $7299 and you get an OTD quote of $7400 on the hottest - yet to be released - new quad on the market you better jump on it.

Subtract Tax, Prep, Freight, DOC and you are WAY under list.

Most everyone was commenting on Twisted's original post...

Nothing wrong with 7400$ out the door, but the 8300$ that Jason was quoted as well is rediculous. No one really referred to the 7400$ OTD, that 4strokin stated

Again, 7400$ OTD is an awesome price...but in some states you could find cheaper

trx440
11-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by mxquadracer
No one really referred to the 7400$ OTD, that 4strokin stated

My reaction is based on Jason14x's post and the lack of response to said post. The statements in red below are what I am refering to.

Originally posted by jason14x
74-8300 out the door? Your getting taken.....list is 7299. 00 I dont care how bad i wanted one I wont let any dealer charge me more than list just because of demand. If your willing to travle and look around you can always find a dealer who will sell you one for the right price. I understand its gonna be agreat bike and i plan on having one of the first ones around here but I wont pay over list for anything .......I'd rather wait.

Jason 74-8300 out the door? Your getting taken.....list is 7299.

I wont let any dealer charge me more than list just because of demand.

BSTURDIVANT
11-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Suggested list includes freight, set-up, no taxes!
Any dealer that charges for it is gouging!

trx440
11-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
Suggested list includes freight, set-up, no taxes!
Any dealer that charges for it is gouging!

Suggested or MSRP is simply the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Whether or not individual Manufacturers include freight is irrelaevant. The Factory does not reimburse the dealer for the labor of prepping the quad. The Manufacturer does not pay for tax, title, license or DOC. These are all soft costs that SOMEONE is paying for. And just so everyone is aware, there is only @ $800 mark-up on a $6000 quad. The Dealer relies on Accessories, Service and Finance to make money.

jason14x
11-24-2005, 08:11 PM
I agree with all of you I'm just not wanting people to get screwed. As far as the MSRP...I agree gonna be a hot item but I still think there no reason anyone should pay more than list.......shop around depending on your area and what state you live in you could make out alright. I live within 45 minutes of New hampshire ....no sales tax!!! Plus no title fee as Massachusetts does not title ATV's . Thats all Its gonna be in demand thats for sure.....!!!!

jason

4strokin
11-25-2005, 05:43 PM
woohoo i just got quoted $6944 OTD and i put the deposit down as well... but its out of state and i have to drive a few hours. but still i think thats a darn good price!!!

jfarrar30
11-25-2005, 06:27 PM
where at?got a number?

ATV Father
11-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 4strokin
woohoo i just got quoted $6944 OTD and i put the deposit down as well... but its out of state and i have to drive a few hours. but still i think thats a darn good price!!!

Is this place in Maryland?

jhoppa
12-06-2005, 09:46 AM
I was quoted a 2006 Honda 450r for $5799.00.

Is the Suzuki worth the extra $1200??? I could add a lot of aftermarket goodies on the 450r for $1200....

That EFI is awesome though, going to be a tough decision.

jfarrar30
12-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ATV Father
Is this place in Maryland?

i would like some info too.what is the place in maryland?

4strokin
12-06-2005, 09:52 PM
sorry my bad it took so long, its troy city garage in NY

OKTRX450R
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Our local dealer has them on the web now...$6499 OTD!!!

Bvl Cycle Sports (http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/miscpage_001.asp?sid=0602276X2K3K2005J3I40I58JPMQ9 99R0)

d kelley
12-12-2005, 09:48 AM
I cant belive how ridiculous some of you are about this bike. I have been watching the reaction about it now since July of 05 and it is mind boggling that people are now willing to spend more than $8000 on a stock quad that has never been tested or ridden when almost all of the race seasons start in about a month. I know that the yamaha and honda quads are being sold for around $7000 which give the new owners of these bikes an extra $1000 for extras of additional equipment (which you WILL need even on the Suzuki). From what I read the Fuel Injection factor has everybody justifing this or whatever it is price, but do you think that F.I. is going to make that much difference? Most of these bikes will be ridden at tracks or at one track where altitude changes will be at a minumum right? Do people think that F.I. is some kind of horsepower advantage? Just a point, Hopefully, nobody will be gouged on these bikes, but please use your best judgement.

12-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by d kelley
I cant belive how ridiculous some of you are about this bike. I have been watching the reaction about it now since July of 05 and it is mind boggling that people are now willing to spend more than $8000 on a stock quad that has never been tested or ridden when almost all of the race seasons start in about a month. I know that the yamaha and honda quads are being sold for around $7000 which give the new owners of these bikes an extra $1000 for extras of additional equipment (which you WILL need even on the Suzuki). From what I read the Fuel Injection factor has everybody justifing this or whatever it is price, but do you think that F.I. is going to make that much difference? Most of these bikes will be ridden at tracks or at one track where altitude changes will be at a minumum right? Do people think that F.I. is some kind of horsepower advantage? Just a point, Hopefully, nobody will be gouged on these bikes, but please use your best judgement.

aparently you havent read up as much as the rest of us. This quad has been tested. I guess they where testing the axle strength, I heard they bent wheels but not the axle.

I dont see where you can go wrong with this machine. OH and I do thing the FI will add hp.

d kelley
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Do you still think that adding a set of fox shocks is riding a stock quad? Im not sure, but I think these shocks cost about $1500 to 2000 a set. What will you do when you find out that their quads are also going to have carbs? Yes the bike will be wide, but do you think the aftermarket companies will produce "stronger"
A-arms that you "have" to have? Of course. The quad industry is exactly like the Mini Motocross bike industry of the early 90's. Get real or at least be real mittimj. And I guess my wife's chevy Malibu is a race car car because it has F.I. right?

12-21-2005, 09:01 PM
well. you get me there.

but this machine will have a jump on the others in the production class.

powerbrad5000
12-26-2005, 10:49 AM
$6399 procycleusa.com

Ridin' Jesse
12-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by OKTRX450R

Bvl Cycle Sports (http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/miscpage_001.asp?sid=0602276X2K3K2005J3I40I58JPMQ9 99R0)

Thats not OTD. OTD is the pirce for having it put together, registrtion, etc. If its 6500 then it is probably like 7 OTD which is still amazing though.

o20one20o
12-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks to ATV Father, I will be getting mine from Deep Creek Marina (http://deepcreekmarina.com) in MD. They quoted me basically 6900 OTD but I have to pay PA titling and reg. fees +sales tax. Not a bad price. Plus they are super nice people!

ATV Father
01-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Glad i could help :D

ATV Father
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM

I don't think that is OTD :confused: That is what they have listed as the selling price. So how is that OTD :confused:

05kfx400
01-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ATV Father
I don't think that is OTD :confused: That is what they have listed as the selling price. So how is that OTD :confused:

If he is talking about Bartlesville Cycle Center in OK it is 6499 + 12 dollar processing fee. There is no tax in OK. They advertise on atvtrader.com. I spoke with them but it doesn't work out well for me since i will still have to pay CA use tax to register it and I need to have a registration where I ride. Add shipping to that and it is better to buy local (for me)

OKTRX450R
01-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
Thats not OTD. OTD is the pirce for having it put together, registrtion, etc. If its 6500 then it is probably like 7 OTD which is still amazing though.

Maybe before you speak you should call the number on the website I listed and ask for yourself! This dealer is in my hometown and I have purchased ATVs from them since 1989...the last 3 we have purchased did not have the $12 processing fee somone else mentioned...the price on the website is what I wrote the check for.;)

05kfx400
01-05-2006, 09:03 PM
The 12 dollars was probably because I am in CA. That would about cover the cost of FEDEX for the paperwork.:) :)

bombsquad54
01-06-2006, 03:13 PM
just put down a deposit on one in OKlahoma, out the door 6400.00

PismoLocal
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
here on the central coast in california you can get them for around 7000 to 7800 not as much of a demand for atvs here, everyone and their mother is hard core dirtbikes over here.

01-10-2006, 02:50 PM
OKTRX i hope you get it in the next to days so you can bring it to 4SW. I wont hold my breath though.....

red2004 TRX450R
01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by o20one20o
Thanks to ATV Father, I will be getting mine from Deep Creek Marina (http://deepcreekmarina.com) in MD. They quoted me basically 6900 OTD but I have to pay PA titling and reg. fees +sales tax. Not a bad price. Plus they are super nice people!

6900 is not OTD out the door means the total price out the door!

6900 * 1.06 + 200 = $7514 OTD

that is if title and reg is $200.00 :eek2:

01-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by powerbrad5000
$6399 procycleusa.com

"Procycle in MO".... WORST experience ever!!!

WATCH OUT!! BEWARE!!!! Procycle in Columbia Missouri are a bunch of LIARS, CHEATERS, and just plain SCUMBAG JERKS!! I hate to badmouth anybody in the industry, but trust me from first hand experience, spend your $$$$ somewhere other than with these DEADBEATS. I would not buy a candybar from them.

01-17-2006, 10:04 PM
$6399 procycleusa.com

And the $6399 price *MAGICALLY* changes and goes up when you get off the phone and in the showroom, even if its on the same day. Worst "salesmen" and operation I have ever seen, and I've been around. This place is a joke.

01-18-2006, 06:04 AM
$6399 procycleusa.com

Looks like this place has a history of lying to people...

These complaints concerned:

3 Advertising Issues
BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

3 Sales Practice Issues
BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

1 Delivery Issues
BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

1 Product Issues
BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

3 Refund or Exchange Issues
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

1 Customer Service Issues
BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

1 Service or Repair Issues
BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

BBB Definition:

Service or Repair Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, damage merchandise as a result of delivery service. alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

NaiLBoMB64
01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
$7888 out the door in mesa Az at champion honda
thats with out taxs set up and all that good chit
not bad !!!!!!!!!
:macho

ml450r
01-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Procycle sucks.....

Jan. 9, 2006
Nixon accuses Columbia, Springfield motorcycle dealers of bait-and-switch; lawsuits seek refunds for consumers

Jefferson City, Mo. — Attorney General Jay Nixon wants to put the brakes on three Missouri motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle dealers that he says lure customers through misleading advertisements. ProCycle has two locations in Springfield and one in Columbia, and Nixon says the dealerships, in some instances, promised one price for merchandise while charging another.

Nixon’s lawsuits, filed today in Boone and Greene County circuit courts, say ProCycle employees confirm the advertised price to customers. Some consumers who buy the merchandise, however, have complained that they were hit with additional back-room fees for processing, set-up, credit-card surcharges and other costs.

"This is your classic bait-and-switch scheme," Nixon said. "ProCycle is bringing customers in the door by advertising one price, reassuring them of that price, then hitting them with hundreds of dollars in extra fees. Misleading consumers that way is not allowed under Missouri law."

Nixon also says ProCycle of Columbia ran radio commercials saying it had no hidden fees. Nixon says his office took at least 25 consumer complaints against ProCycle of Columbia and 20 complaints against the Springfield locations. All three locations have the same owners.

Nixon’s lawsuit asks the court to order ProCycle to fully reimburse consumers who bought merchandise for a higher price than advertised; pay a penalty of $1,000 per violation of Missouri’s merchandising laws; and reimburse Nixon’s office for its investigative and legal costs.

Consumers may file complaints with the Attorney General’s Office on this or other cases by calling the Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-392-8222 or going to www.ago.mo.gov to download a complaint form.

http://www.ago.mo.gov/consumercomplaint.htm

01-18-2006, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ml450r
[B]Procycle sucks.....

Jan. 9, 2006
Nixon accuses Columbia, Springfield motorcycle dealers of bait-and-switch; lawsuits seek refunds for consumers

Jefferson City, Mo. — Attorney General Jay Nixon wants to put the brakes on three Missouri motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle dealers that he says lure customers through misleading advertisements. ProCycle has two locations in Springfield and one in Columbia, and Nixon says the dealerships, in some instances, promised one price for merchandise while charging another.

I thought I have seen it all...until I walked into that place.
Glad to see other folks see what a bunch of lying dirtbags they are. MO govt. should shut them and revoke their dealers licence for fraud.

ATV Father
01-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
6900 is not OTD out the door means the total price out the door!

6900 * 1.06 + 200 = $7514 OTD

that is if title and reg is $200.00 :eek2:

Well, the best price quote I am getting from my surrounding dealers is 7300. That is just for the quad. So 6900 from Deep Creek Marina in MD plus everything else is still cheaper than I could get it here, even with the price of gas for the trip.

HiperEX
01-22-2006, 04:19 PM
6,945 otd here

OKTRX450R
01-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
"Procycle in MO".... WORST experience ever!!!

WATCH OUT!! BEWARE!!!! Procycle in Columbia Missouri are a bunch of LIARS, CHEATERS, and just plain SCUMBAG JERKS!! I hate to badmouth anybody in the industry, but trust me from first hand experience, spend your $$$$ somewhere other than with these DEADBEATS. I would not buy a candybar from them.

Wow! That is very interesting. I am not defending them and I have never dealt with the Columbia store, I have been involved with 3 ATV purchases from the Springfield location and all have been very smooth. The price on the website is what the check was written for.

After reading this I was poking around on their website and they have a * by each price...reading the information it says subject to setup fees, blah, blah, blah...but, they will not charge all these fees with a coupon. Each model I looked at, grand total of 3 of them, all had a coupon you could print out and take in with you.

Maybe the coupon is a result of what Ace is speaking of because I have never seen it there before...

370kingR
01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 4strokin
sorry my bad it took so long, its troy city garage in NY

4strokin< id like to personally thank you for that lead on Troy City Garage.

I paid 6599.00 + 249.00 frieght and prep for a white one. So 6848.00 is my otd price since im from Jersey (no tax :D ) Odd how the white one was 100.00 cheaper than the yellow one. Im happy because i wanted the white one all along...

Im pretty stoked about that price. My plce was selling it for the suggested retail of 7299.00 + tax + who knows what else, i didnt even get that far. I said "L8ter" to those clowns.

spudss
01-25-2006, 04:35 PM
I called them and there out the door total was $6511.00.. Also we dont have the BS that you in NY.PA, and along the east coast have to put up with.. Like tags and all that..
That $6511 is the best price I have found and I am going this weekend to put my $ down on a White one.. OH HELL YEAH!!!
Originally posted by OKTRX450R

OKTRX450R
01-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by spudss
I called them and there out the door total was $6511.00.. Also we dont have the BS that you in NY.PA, and along the east coast have to put up with.. Like tags and all that..
That $6511 is the best price I have found and I am going this weekend to put my $ down on a White one.. OH HELL YEAH!!!

They are great guys to deal with and if you do not know anyone there ask for Don Paris...really nice guy.

Just an FYI...you might want to call them on the phone and do $200 via credit card or debit card. They say folks are calling everyday and last time I talked to them there would be at least 4 folks in front of you already!

You can find my name in the #1 column...muuhaahaahaa! Sorry, that was not very nice.

4strokin
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
glad i could help 370kingR