PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks Exhaust

rooster300ex
10-16-2005, 09:07 AM
I like loud so i got a cobra pipe, i have been told that the curtis sparks exhaust is just as loud as a cobra. Is this true? If it is i'm gonna buy one.

tater_kamik
10-16-2005, 12:18 PM
in my opinion, the sparks is a much higher quality pipe then the cobra pipes, and you will make more power with the sparks. and they are pretty loud.

ZeroLogic
10-16-2005, 12:44 PM
a sparks has a loud deep sounds to it i would buy it because of its performance and its pretty loud

2muchquad
10-16-2005, 08:42 PM
loud pipes just give the tree huggers more ammo to try and get riding areas closed.lets try and use some discretion:(

ommkevin
10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
yeah what he said

what kinda cobra pipe is loud

cals400ex
10-17-2005, 10:05 PM
if you are going to get loud, you might as well get a pipe that performs too. the sparks is a pretty good pipe.

300exOH
10-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I had a cobra when I first got my 300 and the sparks is easily 10 times better. Much better quality,power and sound. They are both quite loud though. I bought the disk/spark arrested version of the sparks and it is a bit quiter than the cobra was but it still has plenty of bark.

Punk'd
10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
I have a Sparks for my 450r.. It rips and is very loud and sounds great..

Here is a video of me so you can listen to it...
Click Here (http://media.putfile.com/MVI_048812)

Airik79mx
10-18-2005, 06:07 AM
A sparks standard core is not very loud. It's loud but nothing crazy. A yfz with a TC pipe is very loud.

hondardr4life
10-18-2005, 05:26 PM
The Sparks is going to be just as loud, and it will give you MUCH better power. If you want the loudest one possible, get the one without the spark arrestor.

yellow400ex05
10-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I heard a few times that a Sparks exhaust is like an fmf exhaust and I want to know if this is true. I don't get how it would be like an fmf either. I don't like fmf either but i feel like i want the sparks exahust but idk. Its either the sparks or the HMF if the whole fmf this is true i will get an HMF.

300exOH
10-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
I heard a few times that a Sparks exhaust is like an fmf exhaust and I want to know if this is true. I don't get how it would be like an fmf either. I don't like fmf either but i feel like i want the sparks exahust but idk. Its either the sparks or the HMF if the whole fmf this is true i will get an HMF.

I would say the HMF is very close in performance to the sparks and at a much cheaper price. The HMF sounds about the same also except maybe a few dB's quieter. I haven't tried the FMF but I have heard nothing but negative comments about them for 4-stroke machines. If you are on a budget the HMF is the way to go but if you have the cash I'd say the sparks is one of the best. Plus with the HMF you have the option of adding a WB headpipe later on.

cals400ex
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
i feel the hmf is a little better quality, but weighs more from what i have seen. i like the sound of the sparks better. the hmf sounds good too but i like the sparks sound better. i would rate both of these similar in power.

2muchquad
10-18-2005, 10:00 PM
for the money its hard to beat the hmf,with the sparks your paying for the name.when it really comes down to it,a muffler is just a aluminum shell with some exhaust packing wrapped around a perforated core.sure some have nice polished finishes to them but when its all said and done,they are the same.its hard to reinvent the wheel.too many young guys buy what they see in the mags or on their favorite pros bike.a tuned headpipe such as tapered diameters etc. is where most gains will be found.

Airik79mx
10-19-2005, 05:57 AM
I've had both and was happy with both pipe's. You can't go wrong either way. If you get the Sparks get the stainless pipe and maybe the big core. HMF is alittle cheaper so if you want to save a few bucks that might be your better choice.

trx400exat05
10-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Hey i have a fmf power core 4 it is very loud and has good power gains it is louder than my bros gyt-r on his yfz and his friends e2 white bros on a 450r.... my fmf is a god pipe and it is has nothing wrong ..... very nice rumble and bark.... deep .... if u want more deeper sound for it purchase a powerbomb header

bwamos
10-20-2005, 02:19 PM
FMF has good pipes. Everyone bases the rep of FMF on their budget system (MegaMax). But seem to base the rep of the other brands on their best full system pipe, for some reason.. lol.

Regarding the sparks..
I LOVE my sparks pipe. Been using it for years. I probably won't ever use another pipe. I'f you've ever had a sparks apart, you'd be amased at the effort and quality put into those pipes.

IMHO the sparks is the best pipe made for the 300ex. Every model (400ex,450r, yzf, etc..) is different. But, as far as the 300ex is concerned, I wouldn't consider another pipe for a modified 300. Unless you had sound restrictions of course.. lol. But, being that you're in Oklahoma, I doubt it would be an issue.