PDA

View Full Version : Choke Removal

Blackguywithouta400
09-23-2001, 02:42 PM
Im in the middle of Rejetting and wanted to know how the bike was affected by removing the Choke ive heard it helps out some

09-23-2001, 06:38 PM
I think it gives you more air flow. I don't think i could get mine started without mine though! (choke)

400exBro
09-23-2001, 07:30 PM
If you want to remove the choke YOU NEED TO HAVE A 40 or 42 PILOT jet for better starting, if you don t and you removed the choke i dought it will start, especailly in the winter time!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you do remove the choke it will help you in power wise but you might need a bigger main jet too.
lata
400exBro

Blackguywithouta400
09-23-2001, 10:04 PM
Well I went ahead and removed the choke today at the same time going from a 150 to 152 main jet. The bike started right up but I did have to play with it a little, I rode it some down my street but didn’t want to bother the neighbors to much since it is Sunday and all, but it does seem to rev a little faster and 3rd gear has more of a hit when just blipping the throttle low in the rpms, I really want to open it up and see if it pulls a little harder up top ill try that tomorrow. Will I need the larger Pilot if I still have the stock exhaust? Right now all ive done was remove the air box lid, k&n filter and outerwear’s covers.