PDA

View Full Version : Rancher 4x4 info

RIDER11X
10-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I am planning to get a Rancher 350FM and was wondering if the 4x4 can run on pavement without damage being it is fulltime 4x4?
I considered the Warn 424 kit, but I read something about a strap that holds the shaft in place????? What is that all about?:huh

LoneToySoldier
11-20-2005, 03:01 AM
The 4-2-4 is a driveshaft coupler. It is a housing that has a shaft coming out of each end - one goes to the differential and one to your tranny; just like the stock driveshaft. The strap you're talking about simply keeps it from spinning in place. It actually wouldn't spin in place, but the actuator cable (The cable the switch uses to operate the unit ) would be what kept it from spinning. The strap works fine, I keep an eye on mine to make sure. Also, if you're installing it, DON'T pull the switch completely apart. There's a couple ball-bearings in there you'll lose. You can get it to work for a while and then it won't and you'll be stuck in two wheel drive. I had to replace a cable because my buddy pulled it apart and lost the bearings. Other than that, have had great success with it.

05 rancher
03-01-2006, 02:13 PM
i just bought one and what if your in the 2wheel drive postion,and go threw some water or mud,can any thing get water into it because the shaft is in 3wheel postion..what are the pro and cons