PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Everest

Punk'd
10-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Check out this view of Mt. Everest do you think the top of this picture is a view of outerspace? I think so and someone else thinks its not. (Be sure to scroll all the way to the right)

http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/7059/showletter66yu.jpg

Doober
10-15-2005, 08:43 PM
i think it is...

Cody_300ex
10-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Amazing....

TheFontMaster
10-15-2005, 09:21 PM
That is really cool, I wanna print out that picture on like a 15x7 foot thing and make it one of the walls in my room.

Ghost-Rider
10-15-2005, 10:13 PM
thats not in outer space

Punk'd
10-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
thats not in outer space

I didnt mean IN outerspace, I ment like.. is it a view of it (black insted of blue) or is it just the camara.

Rastus
10-16-2005, 09:40 AM
I'd say it is, or atleast you're getting close.

You're not actually IN outerspace, but since there is less oxygen/thinner air when you get higher it becomes harder for the colors to diffuse correctly in sunlight. That's why it's black and not blue. :)

Very cool pic by the way.

Ralph
10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
its not from outerspace. its just a camera that takes many pictures as it turns so then when u put all those pictures together it makes one long panoramic shot.

Atkins
10-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Rastus
I'd say it is, or atleast you're getting close.

You're not actually IN outerspace, but since there is less oxygen/thinner air when you get higher it becomes harder for the colors to diffuse correctly in sunlight. That's why it's black and not blue. :)

Very cool pic by the way.
Exactly. You arent even coming close to penetrating the first layer of the atmosphere at the top of Everest, but the air is much thinner, so you get passed alot of the light refracting off of the atmosphere.

The above statement is either correct, or completely pulled out of my @ss.

Mxjunkie
10-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Makes me wanna climb it lol

http://nysalpineclub.org/images/summit3.jpg

10-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I had to read a book for school about someones story of climbing Everest, and its some sketcy stuff. You have to have the oxygen tanks, or you die, and you have the chance of freezing to death and all the sketchy stuff you have to climb. The guy said that a lot of people die every trip up there.

yamablaster24
10-16-2005, 09:00 PM
crazy **** how we are so small and this earth is so damn big. Its a small world after all my ***

SGA
10-16-2005, 10:11 PM
No thats not outerspace, but everest is way up, about 29,000 feet. I found this below on google.

Planet Earth has a radius of about 4000 miles. Let's imagine a sphere that encircles the Earth at a height of 50 miles above sea level. We'll call the region between the ground and the 50-mile altitude the Earth's atmosphere. Everything beyond 50 miles we'll call space. This means that space is closer than you think. If you're sitting in Chicago, you are actually closer to space than to Milwaukee, Wisconsin; and New York City is closer to space than to Philadelphia. There is really nothing magical about a 50-mile altitude. The transition from the Earth's atmosphere to space is not abrupt, so a rocket ship that travels through it would notice little difference as it passed from 49 miles to 51 miles. In the end, though, we need a reference point. Fifty miles is well above the altitude of Mount Everest, which is 5.5 miles high, or above cruising airliners that are 6 or 7 miles high. But it is also below the altitude of most orbiting spacecraft, so this artificial boundary is good enough.

JKWGA400EX
10-16-2005, 10:32 PM
imagine going all the way up and jumping from the peak with a parachute.weeeeeeeeeeeeee......................... ..lol.....that would be one long ride.

JKWGA400EX
10-16-2005, 10:32 PM
imagine going all the way up and jumping from the peak with a parachute.weeeeeeeeeeeeee......................... ..lol.....that would be one long ride.