PDA

View Full Version : Broke Collar Bone

WheelieMan4
10-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Wellll.....I broke the old collar bone today. I was doing a slow wheelie with my left foot back. I shifted into 2nd and started going when all of a sudden it popped up high and it scraped. I reached for the back break, and slipped. I fell off and smacked my head and the whole left side of my body. I have some road rash and I broke my collar bone. They said I had a very slight cuncusion(sp) too. Im so glad I wear a helmet, it could have been bad. Now I have to type with one hand....this took a while..

JKWGA400EX
10-15-2005, 06:43 PM
i know how u feel.i was riding my 24" mountain bike and hanging on the my friends 80 raptor doing about 25mph and i let go of my bike with my arm still holding on the the 80.the last thing i remember is seeing my front wheel hit his back wheel.after that i came too sitting on the blacktop road holding up my left arm.my friends say i did a couple of flips holding on to my bike.anyway i broke my left collarbone.if ure collarbone is broken u can move a toe and it hurts.

jared

eldercyclerep
10-15-2005, 06:43 PM
i bet thats not fun at all(typing with one hand) Glad to hear your one of the smart riders and was wearing a helmet thou, espically since you were on the road sounds like it could have been alot worst. Hope you recover fast!

MotoX3
10-15-2005, 06:45 PM
buddy of mine just broke his left collarbone on his pretty much brand new 400ex...the old saying is theres 2 kinds of riders....the kind that have broken their collarbone and the ones that will
:ermm:

10-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by WheelieMan4
Now I have to type with one hand....this took a while.. I'm pretty good at it:o

theTman
10-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
I'm pretty good at it:o

:o what r u tryin to say

Scott-300ex
10-15-2005, 08:36 PM
how'd you shift if your left foot was on the back?

you gotta show me that trick

BlazingYamahaYz
10-15-2005, 08:55 PM
That sucks man! I am going in for surgery on my arm again in November...ever hear of bone paste? Cuz that's what I'm getting injected in there for a cyst. I fell off today doing a slow wheelie too. I was doing a sit down wheelie, mind went blank and forgot the little hill in my yard, leaned too far back, and the grab bar hit and I somehow hung on. The quad kept moving too, with me sitting on it on the grabbar. I musta looked hella stupid, I was trying to hit the kill switch and finally hit the back brake but it did nothing. IT finally stalled and I just kinda layed there and then kicked the quad on all fours and took a little breather:p How long are you out for? Any pain killers?

tdsongster
10-15-2005, 08:59 PM
My Sister's boyfriend just broke his collar bone riding a cr250r.

partyboy300ex
10-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
buddy of mine just broke his left collarbone on his pretty much brand new 400ex...the old saying is theres 2 kinds of riders....the kind that have broken their collarbone and the ones that will
:ermm:

yea hes my buddy to and he was deffinetly one who was going to i havent yet but for some reason think i eventually will.:(

Ghost-Rider
10-15-2005, 10:10 PM
yea man that sucks last year my buddy and bunch other duds where on a golf cart and he turned sharp(he was sittin on back) and flew off hit hid head had to get brain surgrey and baddd road ash on his face n stuff his head was like mushy in some places cause the doctors put like mesh plates in hi head that helped healing or some it was crazy and he count ride or even like jump for mlike a year it sucked he still has to be carefull and at first they tought just a concusion n he was bad in pain so he went back n turned out he needed brain surgey so thats wut happened but that would suck:ermm:

WheelieMan4
10-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
how'd you shift if your left foot was on the back?

you gotta show me that trick

u make a very good point...and i cant quite answer it, im just going somewhat by what my friend said...i cant really remember

WheelieMan4
10-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
How long are you out for? Any pain killers?

Doc said about 4 weeks for a full recovery...im on vitakin(sp) or something like that..it works pretty good

redlineranger
10-17-2005, 09:55 AM
did u shift with ur hand.... if u have pretty long arms, while standing on the wheelie bar walkin 1 u can reach down and shift with ur hand... ive done it before

WheelieMan4
10-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
did u shift with ur hand.... if u have pretty long arms, while standing on the wheelie bar walkin 1 u can reach down and shift with ur hand... ive done it before

noo...i deff. didnt do that, my friend said that i popped the clutch in second gear..

J_bob_28
10-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
I'm pretty good at it:o

unless ur injured.....thats downright disturbing

Scott-300ex
10-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by WheelieMan4
u make a very good point...and i cant quite answer it, im just going somewhat by what my friend said...i cant really remember

hahaha, thats cool man

hope you heal good and get better!