mikeboone
10-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Tools required:

*8mm-10mm-12mm- 1 1/16 sockets
*Impact gun
*Old flat head screwdriver
*Needle nose pliers
*3/8" ratchet

Remove rocker cover and cam tensioner. When you pull camshaft dowel pins the cam will slide off.

Remove clutch cover. Use 10mm socket to take off clutch springs and bolts. Use 1 1/16 socket and impact gun to remove primary drive gears and clutch basket. You will need something to hold the inner hub from spinning. I use an old big flat head screwdriver and lock in notch while impact on 1 1/16 bolt. Do NOT try to use your hand to hold inner hub from spinning!

The primary drive gears will slide off after you remove the 3 10mm bolts holding the oil pump on. (Be sure not to lose the 2 dowel pins or shim on back of oil pump)

Note location of gears for reinstall. The cam chain location on lower gears is not important. Once you feed it back up tie it off and set flywheel on "T" to set timing.

Ensure you have the sideways T in the inspection hole. The first mark is a dash and the an "F" then the "T"

I highly recommend a service manual for anyone who is working on their motors.

ride_red666
10-15-2005, 10:24 PM
do everything he said but do not use a screwdriver to hold the hub from spinning, the best way to ensure you dont brake anything is to stuff a rag into one if the notches. this will hold it tight. ive broken a few at work using a screwdriver.

yamablaster24
10-15-2005, 10:38 PM
yeah i know how to work on stuff, I replaced clutch plates on my blaster. I just used an Impact and it came right off. If that doesnt work ill make a puller. I do not want to breake off a fin or finger.

Muchos Gracias. Im replacing it with crf450 cam chain. Direct fit i believe

mikeboone
10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by ride_red666
do everything he said but do not use a screwdriver to hold the hub from spinning, the best way to ensure you dont brake anything is to stuff a rag into one if the notches. this will hold it tight. ive broken a few at work using a screwdriver.

Your prlly right on though I have done about 50 and havent lost a basket yet:D

I am sure Honda makes a inner hub holder of some sort; maybe like a oil filter remover?

johnnydufus
10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
they do and its pretty expensive^