PDA

View Full Version : Help My Clutch wont work!!!

Foxrage
09-23-2001, 01:16 PM
I took my cases off to strip and polish them and no i try to put them back on and the clutch lever that is in the case wont move. I can pull the clutchin and can barely move the thing in gear. I cant figure it out. the connection between the lever and thing that gets pulled must be off but i cant figure it out. any help will be great. thanks

400exRacerX
09-23-2001, 04:04 PM
I highly reccomend that you purchase a service manuel. I took my case off to fix a snapped bolt, when you put it back on you just can't throw the case back on. The way that the clutch works is when you take the case off you need to push the lifter arm and spindle counter clockwise, when you put it back on you need to push the spindle and lifter arm clockwise so it engages the clutch.
Make any sense? if not, ask me

Foxrage
09-23-2001, 04:20 PM
I did that. I put it in there perfect but once i get it on there i rotate back and i hook the lever up and then when i pull the clutch lever it is hard and the quad wont move when its pulled in. I dont know if this is it but it most likly is. the lever thing where it hooks to the thing it pulls is chipped just a little and it doesnt look like it would hurt it. does anyone have a service manual and a scanner and scan me this section.

oynot400
09-24-2001, 08:58 PM
Definatly get a manual, it is well worth the $40 or so. As far as the clutch not working there is a ball and socket type action to push the clutch. When you put it together make sure that you get the spring back in properly. If I had access to a scanner I would post it for you. Check with the Honda dealer they sould be able to copy that section out of the book for you.

kat400ex
09-24-2001, 09:56 PM
i dont know much about it but our sponsor Marcums atv probably would be glad to answer your questions.....good luck. when you go to his site any of the links are his email

Nausty
09-24-2001, 09:58 PM
I knew you were going to say marcums!

Foxrage
09-25-2001, 03:16 PM
How did you know he was going to say murcums. I need to get my gaskets and try it out then. But i dont know how long it weill be i ordered from ronnies cause service honda didnt work at the time. Anyone willing to scan it would be a great help thanks