PDA

View Full Version : L.A. dunes

07-28-2001, 03:40 PM
anyone been to the la dunes in louisiana? im planning a trip there the last weekend before i go back to school :( Is it any good?

07-30-2001, 12:29 AM
I live about an hour from the LA dunes and I go about every other weekend, it rules man. Its 15 dollars to get in and 25 to camp the weekend, well worth it too. Also down the steet is Camp Clayborn, its full of like 20 miles of riding trails and free camping. I would suggest going as soon as possible, in fact anyone reading this, I will be there the first sunday of August, look for the yellow 400ex with prowedge twos smoking all those rookies out there. Later

07-30-2001, 02:41 PM
do you get off at forest hill exit? if so how do you get there from that exit coming from baton rouge? thanks

07-31-2001, 12:30 AM
yeah man you get off at the forest hill exit, the dunes are right there, on the right side of the road coming from baton. If you get lost, just ask anyone in forest hill and they will tell you, are just look for the trucks pulling 4wheelers, later man

07-31-2001, 06:23 AM
U can get there from Baton Rouge by taking Intersate 190 West (over the old bridge) untill u get to Opleousas. From there, u would go North on Interstate 49 untill u reach the Forest Hill exit. At the stop sign at the end of the exit, u would take a left and go into Forest Hill itself (appox 15 miles, maybe less) untill u come to a set of railroad tracks at a T intersection. At the intersection take a left (dont know the road name, if in quiestion, there should be a store next to the tracks on the left u can ask directions). Go down maybe another 5 or 6 miles and look on your right, there will be a sign "LA Dunes". Turn right on that gravel road and follow the signs from there.