PDA

View Full Version : i'am looking for a pipe for a lt80

quad9
10-15-2005, 07:50 AM
the kid wants a little more out of the lt80 anybody have a pipe they want to sell??

LT80
10-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Gearing up will prolly get you more than a pipe.

Evana13
10-15-2005, 09:17 AM
you could try trinity racing or hetrick racing those are the two I know of.

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by LT80
Gearing up will prolly get you more than a pipe.

I would figure that the stock gearing is already optimized for the stock engine. Would changing the gearing really have a benefit while the engine/pipe remains stock?

I think the best solution would be a pipe and clutch/CVT changes to compliment the changes in the powerband.

LT80
10-17-2005, 02:07 PM
The LT80 in stock form grunts well. It's common to gear up while in stock form.1-2 and up to 3 teeth bigger on the front is used.
As far as the CVT, removing 2 of the rollers is all that is needed usually no matter what pipe is used when the motor is stock.
seeins I have time,,,,
My pipe results:::::::
DG-A economical pipe. The power is equall to a stock pipe and it revs ever so slightly higher. This pipe is used when cost is a factor but the kid wants a loud pipe.
FMF=Good for a stock motor. A lil louder and gives alot of low end but don't expect alot in the high end power dept.
The Power Pro pipes ie: CT, ATV Racing/Hetrick (same pipe), and Trinity::
The CT is made for high rpm,s but usually don't get there because of other limiting factors. The CT pipe is very hard to tune to.
The ATV Racing/Hetrick has a bigger tube off the connection. This may be usable for a big bore. This pipe revs well but looses low end grunt.
The Trinity is the pipe I've had the best luck with. It revs well and gives a better low end responce that the others.
The power pros pipes are better suited for modded motors IMO.
The LRD is a good all around pipe for racing or stock but is priced out of sight.
Hope that may help. :)

212racing
10-17-2005, 05:20 PM
if i was a 2stroke guy i'd listen to jack

maggiesboy
10-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Jack has the best info on these little screamers. Listen up.

tonnerre
10-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Jack, have you pics of your Trinity pipe ?