PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Pin Play

DAVE14
10-14-2005, 09:36 PM
My connecting rod top end where the wrist pin goes is tight with the new pin theres no up & down play , but theres a tiny little bit of side to side play not a hell of a lot my old pin was black well worn & all burned pretty good I dont wanna put together a knocker, it had a tick to it when I took it apart the top end & cam looked pretty good so I suspected the wrist pin before with the old piston the side slop was pretty good but nothing up& down but that old pin was bad though can you machine a little bit bigger hole in the rod & piston & get a slightly bigger wrist pin or should I bite the bullet & buy a rod I have a new 450 chain etc I bought every damn thing but a rod so far and Im goin broke but must go ridin!

mikeboone
10-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by DAVE14
My connecting rod top end where the wrist pin goes is tight with the new pin theres no up & down play , but theres a tiny little bit of side to side play not a hell of a lot my old pin was black well worn & all burned pretty good I dont wanna put together a knocker, it had a tick to it when I took it apart the top end & cam looked pretty good so I suspected the wrist pin before with the old piston the side slop was pretty good but nothing up& down but that old pin was bad though can you machine a little bit bigger hole in the rod & piston & get a slightly bigger wrist pin or should I bite the bullet & buy a rod I have a new 450 chain etc I bought every damn thing but a rod so far and Im goin broke but must go ridin!

Their should be a little side to side play. I wouldnt machine a bigger hole. The 400ex rod end needs all the metal it can get.

03pissedoff426
10-16-2005, 10:27 AM
there should be alittle side to side. that is normal. but no up and down, unless it's beat.