PDA

View Full Version : x-factor nerf bars?

chris450R
10-14-2005, 09:12 PM
i am lookin into some new nerf bars and i have heard alot of good things from people on here about them, i have also talked to several guys at the track who have them and love them! well the only problem i have with getting them is no heel guard! i almost want to say that i will be fine without heel guards but i know sure as i do my foot will miss the peg and get run over.

well on with the important question, will the IMS heel guards fit the x-factor berfs?

and also if anyone want to share they thoughts on the x-factors qaulities that would be great.

thanks, chris

Pappy
10-14-2005, 09:28 PM
X Factor is all I try and use.

Pappy
10-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Fit and finish have been outstanding

chris450R
10-14-2005, 09:45 PM
well since the one and only Pappy has replied here, tell me pappy what is your opinion on heel guards? you think i need them? do you know if the ims heel guards will work at all on the x-factors?

thanks, chris

Pappy
10-14-2005, 09:47 PM
i have never used heel gaurds, i find them to interfere with my feet when i rock back on the pegs.

i couldnt tell you if the ims heel gaurds would work, if i had a set here id try for ya.

chris450R
10-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Pappy, have you ever had a problem with your feet going in back behind the pegs?

that is my biggest fear, bc i had a friend on his 450R break his ankle that way. hit i alittle double foot missed the peg and snap! boot never stood a chance at stoppin it.

Pappy
10-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Only once and that was in the 80's on my LT500. I jumped some redneck hill in a field and took a bad bounce, my right foot went behind the peg breaking my leg just below the knee. Heel gaurds would have prevented it, but at that time heelgaurds werent available, heck nerf bars were a rarity.

I have riden quads with heel gaurds and i cant seem to get used to them.

Nate Dogg #76
10-15-2005, 07:24 AM
I have IMS footpegs and heelguards on my 450R. The heelguards are made to fit the IMS footpegs. You might be able to drill holes on the x-factors, but then the heelguard rear mounts probably will not line up correctly. I had my foot sucked under the rear tire once because of no heeguard and that was enough for me to realize I need heelguards. I like the x-factor pro peg and would have bought some, but like you said no heelguard. The IMS parts are more expensive, but alot cheaper than broken bones!

Lonestar_R
10-15-2005, 07:43 AM
I'm with Pappy...I cannot get used to heel guards....I brought my 06 home last saturday and that was the first thing to go.....now I'm waiting on 06 pro peg nerfs, cause I don't wanna have to make something fit........I have never had a problem (knock on wood)....and hope I don't.....using bigger aftermarket pegs helps too...at least I believe it does....

400exrider707
10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
I used to ride all of the time without heel guards. Once I started using them though I wont go back I know that for sure. Ride on a quad that has them for a day or so and then try a quad without them and you will feel a LOT less stable!

Jersey450R
10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
I run Pro Armor propegs and the heel gaurds have absolutely saves my butt 3 times i could remember. The one situation, i would have definitly ate it horribly :(

JRDrider22
10-17-2005, 04:46 PM
^^^ thats because your crazy.

but i personally cant stand them too. ive only lost my foot off the peg maybe once. but other than that, i cant stand them. people say yea the money could save you your leg, but i cant stand them.

steveatv3
10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
i hate heel guards its the first thing i take off on a quad, its weird racing how many years i cant get use to a quad that has heel guards or no nerfbars.

Here is one side of my X-factor pegs im waitin till im finished with my winter rebuild to put them on