PDA

View Full Version : dumb ice race question

csimp3
10-14-2005, 06:02 PM
sorry this is probably a dumb question, but i dont know the answer, when your going ice racing or just riding, do you stud the front tires also, or just the rears, thanks

knelson
10-14-2005, 06:06 PM
that depends on if you want to steer or not:D

clarkymckrash
10-15-2005, 04:10 PM
the only thing dummer than that question is a kid from florida replying to it:rolleyes: :blah:

sorry couldnt resist:p

coolex
10-16-2005, 03:55 PM
i agree with clarkymckrash on that one but yes you do stud them all the way around. i line in nh and will be studding mine for the winter

knelson
10-16-2005, 09:03 PM
yea that may be, but the kid (28) from florida has raced on ice many times in Washington state,Oregon,and Idaho. You would think that someone would not be so close minded as to think that
nobody travels outside their state (coastguard 8 years,I've ventured out of Florida a couple times):rolleyes: :D

maggiesboy
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by knelson
yea that may be, but the kid (28) from florida has raced on ice many times in Washington state,Oregon,and Idaho. You would think that someone would not be so close minded as to think that
nobody travels outside their state (coastguard 8 years,I've ventured out of Florida a couple times):rolleyes: :D

So, big traveler, Where in Washington State did you race on the ICE "many times" ? Those of us that have lived here all our lives want to know!

ThumPIN_450R
10-16-2005, 11:50 PM

I think I used to see you at juniper all the time. How are you doing?

knelson
10-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Man you guy's are just to much, I did not say I was a "Big" travelerI was stating that not every one is a homebody. By the way in washington I raced in the tri-cities at the indoor monster truck on ice halftime in 2001,02,03,04.Where do you live Maggies boy?Because I'm sure if you raced I Know I should have seen you (did you race the squisher or Works series maybe?) Thumpin' I had the all black 400ex out at juniper dune's quite a bit, I currently have a marina in fl I own so I am here, but I fly back and forth to the west coast regularly to ride(My opinion it has the best terrain) Not a huge traveler (maggiesboy) but I do manage to get around a little bit:)

Leschj03
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/leschj94/sucks7.jpg

clarkymckrash
10-17-2005, 02:48 PM
i didnt state it as a "closed minded" comment

it was a joke...........

:rolleyes:

knelson
10-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh it's cool I just can't stand internet gangsters that alway's try to call your bluff.........oh and I am sorry I only raced on ice two times at the indoor monster truck race's (the other times they had concrete w/ coke syrup all over it) just clearing that up b/f
maggiesboy calls me out on that one:blah:

knelson
10-17-2005, 04:00 PM
thumpin 450r what's up! Think I remember you. We used to go to juniper alot b/c it was close. Flying up first part of april to do our annual guy's trip to the oregon dunes you should come along!

maggiesboy
10-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Oh it's cool I just can't stand internet gangsters that alway's try to call your bluff.........oh and I am sorry I only raced on ice two times at the indoor monster truck race's (the other times they had concrete w/ coke syrup all over it) just clearing that up b/f
maggiesboy calls me out on that one:blah:

Man o man, A guy asks a question bout ice racing in Washington *(a serious question too) and you want to say I'm an internet gangster............that's phuct up.

I've been racing for not even a year, wanting some info on ice shows. (other than the ICE series in the Everett Events center)

Just below my avatar it says I live in .......(now that is a smart assed comment.)

so on that note:

dirtmomma
10-18-2005, 09:10 AM
LMAO MB quite being an internet gansta hahaha ;)

There aren't many ice races around here if ANY except for ONE a year @ that is the ICE series @ the EEC like MB said, we've been racing locally for 5-6 yrs & thats hte only one we know of, you pretty much have to travel to race ice around here we have a friend Chandra Swain that runs the ICE series, is #9 in the world going for #1 this year :D:D:D

knelson
10-18-2005, 10:42 AM
my bad but, you can tell you were trying to be a smart ***** and call my bluff, when you noticed I wasn't you backed off and you know it but no harm taken. You have a very good/organized flat track right by you (Monroe) and I have a friend right outside of everett (Andy Stevens) That has a quad motocross track in his yard, pm me and I can get you in contact with him if you are interested. as far as ice events the promoter of the ice races in tri cities lost his *** and couldn't do the show anymore.A cool event around there tho' (Nick Grunland) puts on a quad wars show in yakima that's really fun to do he is on this site (he pm'ed me not to long ago wanting me to do it so he may need riders)

ThumPIN_450R
10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
I may have to consider that oregon trip if there's no other races going on. I need to get the quad fixed first it seems to have some sort of mystery problem that I can't quite locate. I used to have the LT250 I would run at juniper every now and then and I have a 450R both with #32 on them. If I remember correctly you were at juniper the first time I ever rode the R.

knelson
10-18-2005, 12:06 PM
the red one? yea I remember you I think I was riding w/ rich moore(the 250r grey w/orange frame)that day.

ThumPIN_450R
10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
the red one? yea I remember you I think I was riding w/ rich moore(the 250r grey w/orange frame)that day.

ya that was me, I normally do squisher races but I showed up at juniper that day. Rich has been racing a little bit lately he's normally better at XC than MX though.