PDA

View Full Version : Cool Subwoofer

Smokin 440
10-14-2005, 05:26 PM
I just bought a Earthquake SWS subwoofer, i thought i would share because i know many of you drive trucks and like car audio, much like myself. I was looking for one 10" sub for under my back seat in my f-150. So i was at the local car audio place looking at some 8" subs to replace jl 8wo thats suspension got old, they showed me this sub. The 10" has an internal mounting depth of less than 3" :eek2: at 200w rms and 400w peak im expecting to be comparaple for output to a rf punch 2 i had. Its supposed to sound very close to jl 10w3... Im pretty excited to have found this, because i can hopefully have good sound output, with a clean install while keeping the back seat in my truck... check em out if your looking for something like this...Subs (http://www.earthquakesound.com/SWS04.htm)

TCracin440ex
10-14-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.lightav.com/ces/mtxjack2.jpg

no that is a cool subwoofer....mtx jackhammer....weights 350lbs...and is a 22

Kyle_Racer_31
10-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
http://www.lightav.com/ces/mtxjack2.jpg

no that is a cool subwoofer....mtx jackhammer....weights

350lbs...and is a 22

On Mtv's Pimp My Ride They Put one in a buick..or sumthing

Smokin 440
10-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_Racer_31
On Mtv's Pimp My Ride They Put one in a buick..or sumthing

Yeah thats the only reason people know about it, I could care less about it, i and many other people could not afford that sub if we wanted to, not to mention the amps to power it. I would have to hear it but i would guess that that sub would only be for hardcore dB guys, and for the price they can probably get more sound other ways for cheaper.

big_saxy
10-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Honestly, I think subs like that jackhammer are stupid. They serve one purpose, and that is to move a TON of air and make huge spl. They sound terrible. MTX used to make a sub called the RFL which stood for "Really F*cking Loud" and it was loud, but when it was turned way up it just sounded like somebody farting. lol :blah:

MAaudioX10
10-15-2005, 02:09 PM
To clarify for you people a bit....

The Jackhammer is a SQL subwoofer. It's purpose IS to be stupid big but, what it does....it does very well.....

big_saxy
10-15-2005, 02:26 PM
you mean SPL subwoofer?

tater_kamik
10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
nah, its sound quality level for db drags now! you have to love some good spl though, and that is one huge sub. quite a few years back, a team made an 6 foot diameter subwoofer, put it into an tractor trailer (trailer?) threw some retarded amount of power to it (like 40k i believe) and it caused the trailer to implode. i think a meter said a good amount over 180 right before it imploded. this was when the gates truck had just hit 172 i think

Smokin 440
10-17-2005, 10:30 PM
I have the sub installed, and the SQ is amazing, i haven't seen a sub in any vehicle sound that good, well except for i have some unwanted air movement between the sub and box, it needs some sort of gasket or seal. After that I plan to sand, bondo, then paint the box, and when it goes back in i have to polyfill it. The only thing I'm unhappy about is i could have made the box bigger, right now it's .33 cubic ft. and i could have gone to .52 cubic ft. which would have been slightly more desirable. Im thinking about getting 2 of these except in 6.5" for my kick panels, or maybe 8"s for under my front seat...

JH_Racing188
10-17-2005, 11:43 PM
i got a single cab silverado and mine sound awesome a shallow downfire box

btw: i have 2 JL w3s

Smokin 440
10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Tonight I sanded the box and hit it with some bondo, then i primed it with some sandable primer... Its lookin pretty good, but I put some polyfill inside and im not liking the sound result, it sounds too peaky now, so im thinking out with the polyfill...