PDA

View Full Version : 05 engine skid on 06

QuadRacer041
10-14-2005, 01:40 PM
well the prm engine skid plate from an 05 fits the 06 with some slight mod's.
you will need to redrill the oild drain plug bolt hole as it seemd the location on the case is differnt.it will need to be moved over to the left side of the quad about 1 7/8" and forward towards the front of the quad about 1/4"-1/2".
the only other issue, which i havent addressed yet is the rear most mounting bolts.looks like the skid plate may need to have new holes drilled about 1/4"-1/2" inward so that the bolt holes on the mounting piece that goes on the top side of the frame, under the motor will line up.due to a gusset on the frame the mounting bracket doesnt sit where it needs to.
nothing that cant be reworked.

heres where you need to drill the drain plug hole

QuadRacer041
10-14-2005, 01:41 PM
heres a close up of the rear most mounting holes but you really cant see the problem. its kinda hard to descibe but once you install one you'll see what i mean.

QuadRacer041
10-14-2005, 01:42 PM
here's the whole view

madini
10-14-2005, 05:28 PM
O.K. how about the swing arm skid from 05 to 06.Anybody try this yet? I want to use all the stuff off my 04 that I can.skids,nerfs.handlebars,bumper,stabilzer(w.e.r. )kill switch,rekluse,sorry about the full HMF(has to be a way)Thanks as always for sharing info guys,it saves us all lots of time and money.