PDA

View Full Version : 400ex

mrbadazzz
10-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Lookin through all these posts noticing a consistancy...400ex has A LOT of problems or people are complaining because they cant build them for dragging and whatnot.

bogs and shoots flames post
smoking post
etc...

Whats the deal are the pieces of crap or what? I smoke them like a fine Cuban all the time, I thought it was just cause the rider didn't know how to ride.

JOEX
10-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I'd say it's either poor maintenance or improper rebuilding;)

They are far from 'pieces of crap' and they can be built for any type of riding, like anything else it just has to be done right:)

PunkA$$
10-13-2005, 08:39 PM
The amount of prombelms is relative to the amount of owners. Everybody and their grandma has a 400ex. That's why you see so many questions regarding them.

The 400ex (or any Honda) is very reliable.

QuadJunkies
10-14-2005, 12:31 AM
I still cant thin kof a more reliable ,well balanced quad TO DATE than an EX is.. It might not be the fastest, but itsone of the most reliable and not hard to work on.

Maintence is KEY ;)

mrbadazzz
10-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Well its a good thing they are easy to work on...there seems to be a lot of people doing just that.

I am sure they are reliable, but look at all the posts for people needing help working on them. You don't see that many with Kaws and Suz or Yam.

Theres always an Ex rider needing help. When you do find another quad in need of help its usually a mod question not repair. Not completely doggin Honda, they do make nice quads but dam...look at the posts

QuadJunkies
10-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by mrbadazzz
Well its a good thing they are easy to work on...there seems to be a lot of people doing just that.

I am sure they are reliable, but look at all the posts for people needing help working on them. You don't see that many with Kaws and Suz or Yam.

Theres always an Ex rider needing help. When you do find another quad in need of help its usually a mod question not repair. Not completely doggin Honda, they do make nice quads but dam...look at the posts
thats because this was a dominate Honda site for a long time, the EX was and still is a VERY popular quad therfore you see alot more topics on this quad...If you sat and read over the next couple of years all the other quad brands isues, it will be the same.

Some of it is lack of knowlege, actually .....MORE than some :o

we rarely have to work on ours cause we make sure it gets its routine maintence, we check the valves often, I cant tell you how many riders do NOT do there maintence and if you start modding and dont do that its gonna fail -guarenteed!!

If you were to take a poll on if the EX was a POS or a good all around reliable quad, I am most certain would agree with me .

PunkA$$
10-14-2005, 10:28 AM

Well, if you visit a website started for Arcitc cat owners, and the majority of the members are Arctic cat owners, I bet the majority of the repair questions will be regarding Arctic cat..

Check out Bluetraxx and you'll discover that in fact the brand of atv that breaks down the most is Yamaha. (sarcasm)

shorgasm
10-14-2005, 12:24 PM

Do you know what a troll is?

Any other site would give you a stun/warning for this type of post.

Only reason I can come up with for this useless thread is for your entertainment.That's trolling.

I certainly hope you are not trying to compare a 400z to a 400ex in terms of reliability....that would be even funnier.:ermm:

QuadJunkies
10-14-2005, 12:54 PM
LOL good point ...

Im not sure exactly if there was a point to this topic or not, or if its just to JAB at the EX owners, but i will say this...

There is no tolerence for it on this site...

There is good and bad in ALL quads.... PERIOD.

wilkin250r
10-14-2005, 01:08 PM
I don't know if you're trying to start crap or not, but I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you're being serious.

This site used to be called EXRIDERS.com, obviously centered around the 400EX and other honda brands. As a result, most members are honda owners.

Just as others have pointed out, the reason you see lots of posts about the 400EX is because THIS was the place to get such questions answered.

If you went to bansheeHQ.com, you'd see lots of posts about people having problems with banshees.

If you went to blaste********.com, you'd see lots of posts about people having problems with blasters.

If you went to F150.com, you would find a lot of people having problems with Ford trucks.

Any quad is going to have mechanical failures here and there. Truth be told, the 400EX is among the most reliable machines out there. I'll be honest, it's not the most powerful. But it probably IS the most reliable, both engine and chassis.

PunkA$$
10-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I don't know if you're trying to start crap or not, but I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you're being serious.

This site used to be called EXRIDERS.com, obviously centered around the 400EX and other honda brands. As a result, most members are honda owners.

Just as others have pointed out, the reason you see lots of posts about the 400EX is because THIS was the place to get such questions answered.

If you went to bansheeHQ.com, you'd see lots of posts about people having problems with banshees.

If you went to blaste********.com, you'd see lots of posts about people having problems with blasters.

If you went to F150.com, you would find a lot of people having problems with Ford trucks.

Any quad is going to have mechanical failures here and there. Truth be told, the 400EX is among the most reliable machines out there. I'll be honest, it's not the most powerful. But it probably IS the most reliable, both engine and chassis.

Yeeeeaaaaa Boyeeeeee!!!

ommkevin
10-14-2005, 01:20 PM
people have problems because the mothers dont know what their doing or they dont do routine maitenance

if you change the oil in them they will last forever

i hate when people try to work on their engins themselves :mad:
and then they wonder why their engines blow up or whatever

mrbadazzz
10-14-2005, 05:57 PM
I feel ommkev is right

no im not starting crap...its just an observation.

QuadJunkies
10-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ommkevin

i hate when people try to work on their engins themselves :mad:
and then they wonder why their engines blow up or whatever

that statement made NO SENSE :ermm:

LOL.. And A dealer wont blow up a motor???????!!!... ROFL!!!

ANYTHING we have done on our motor has lasted ALOT longer than ANY dealers work has! :o

If you follow your service manual correctly and can follow directions, things do NOT blow up most of the time :rolleyes:

10-15-2005, 01:01 AM
EDIT QJ
You cant post that :o