PDA

View Full Version : 05 engine problem?

Dippy Dawg
10-13-2005, 07:45 PM
I have read that the 05 has had some limited engine problems. My 05 has been perfect so far and I have had it for 5 months. My question is what is the best way to figure out if I have one of the bad ones. If this engine is going to let go I'd like it to happen while it is still under warranty!!!

I ride easy, a lot of trails and small pits.

I've been thinking about taking it out on about 5-10 mile wfo run down the road just to make sure this engine is bullet proof before the 6 month runs out!! Should I do it? Or should I stop worrying about it and just assume I have lucked out and got a good one?

I have the extended 4 year but I'm doomed to have catastrophic engine failure I would rather it happen and be covered under the original 6 month

rancid
10-13-2005, 08:11 PM
what hondas with a motor problems, no way.:D

andy roth
10-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Well my 04 locked up about 15 min of breaking in the engine. Of course honda fixed it under warranty. I rode the s**t out of it after that and just traded it in on the 06. I bought the 2004 model in march 2005 , it was a leftover. I think that your bike would have problems by now. It was the right crank bearing that failed in my 2004. And you can always extend the warranty.

Dippy Dawg
10-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by rancid
what hondas with a motor problems, no way.:D

Thas what I thought so u know how I felt after purchasing the machine and finding out about a bad batch of engines a week later!!

i keep waiting for mine to go but so far so good

andy roth
10-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Sorry I didnt see ythat you had the 4 year warranty / Need to quit speed reading!

10-13-2005, 10:56 PM
the engine problems the 05's had were crank problems and pretty much all of them (pretty small few anyways) went out within like an hour of riding it so you are good to go man. I wouldn't do WFO for 5-10 miles