PDA

View Full Version : another dumb shock ?

luvmyex
10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Ok just put a set of elkas front and back on. I want to try and get the most out of them.So i want to set em up right.The rebound is where i have my question. Why would i want the rebound set harder or softer. Or fast and slow which ever it is? Make any sence? how would know where to start as well?

hardkoratvmxr
10-13-2005, 07:36 PM
the faster you set the rebound the more the rear end will bounce due to the spring compression and "shooting" back apart really fast causing your rear end to leave the ground which is bad.

slowing down the rebound lets your tires stay on the ground but if you slow it down to much you will lose travel which is bad due to it will lety your shock pack up and not work to its full potential most noticeably through the whoops.

rebound is the part of the shock that needs to be perfect or as close as you can get it when you get it right your tires will be on the groundkeeping you moving forward

if i am wrong someone else will correct me

luvmyex
10-13-2005, 08:07 PM
ty so where is a good starting point ? center?

EvilJester400EX
10-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Start in the middle.

400exMO
10-14-2005, 07:41 AM
how can you honestly tell where perfect is on rebound and ion? if you start in the middle how can you tell which way to go to get them even better?

ZSK
10-15-2005, 09:41 AM
I like to test the rebound through a whoop section. Try to skim the tops of the whoops, genrally if the back starts to get thrown from side to side it's packing up and you need to speed up the rebound. If it starts bucking you, slow it down.