PDA

View Full Version : Got a ? for lt250r experts

Kadafiy
06-16-2002, 10:26 AM
I just tore down my '88 lt250r to powdercoat everything and noticed that almost all the bearings, seals, and bushings are shot. My question is if any of you know where to find a kit for the whole bike? I found individual kits but it would probably be cheaper if I could get a whole kit. Also, i'm using my spare '90 engine because my '88 needs work. The problem with that is the '90 engine sits forward a little more because of the shock design so the boots to the carb and airbox do not seat all the way. It's not that big of a deal but I was wondering if anyone knows how to remedy it so that the whole bike will be perfect when I'm done. Thanks for any help and I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Guy400
06-16-2002, 10:49 AM
I'd like to help you out but I've haven't ever seen a whole bearing/seal kit for an LT. As far as the airbox fit, the only thing I'd advise is running an airbox and boot off a '90+ LT.

Kadafiy
06-16-2002, 12:14 PM
I don't know if the 90+ airbox would work because the boot coming off of it snaked around the shock whereas the 85-88 is a straight boot. That sucks about the bearings because for the arms top and bottom is over $100. Thanks for the reply

lil400exman
06-19-2002, 11:06 AM
just go to machine shop and have them make a bracket that would make it longer and polish it and it will look trick thats what i did to my polaris(thanks jeremy) and bearing you can buy a bottom end kit topend kit and stuff soo just do what ya gotta do.....

Kadafiy
06-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah I work as a tool and die maker and was thinking of making a little extension. Should be easy i have all the resources to do it. I'm just going to have to buy the bearings in seperate kits.

papaw
06-19-2002, 06:26 PM
call richards bushings at 413-443-1141 he has all the chassis bushings you need.they are not bearings though they are a type of plastic and are very difficult to wear out.i have had good luck with his bushings and run them on my s/arm,a/arm,shock linkage,steering stem.if he doesn't have a dimension on something send him the old ones and he will cut them 4u.and he also likes feed back on ones he has to specially cut for future reference.....tell him Troy Ross sent you.......but he might charge you double,hehe....

Kadafiy
06-19-2002, 08:10 PM
I'll check it out. Thanks