PDA

View Full Version : New grille

300ex73
10-13-2005, 06:18 PM
I just finished the new grille for my 250R hood on my 300. It's not perfect, but it looks pretty good. Here's a couple pics of it.

300ex73
10-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Little closer shot.

fasterblaster09
10-13-2005, 11:18 PM
looks great:cool:

MX300ex
10-15-2005, 08:04 AM
hey i want to ask u something on the hood..i just put mine on the 300ex plastic..and does ur fit flush like all of it sit down on the plastic..cause there is a gap in the middle of the plastic on the sides for mine.

SET THE STAGE
10-17-2005, 09:03 AM
that looks pretty good, you have by far the nicest 300 i've ever seen, keep up the good work

oh and where did you get that grill mesh whatever? i've been looking everywhere for crap like that but i can't find it

300ex73
10-20-2005, 06:25 AM
As for the hood sitting flush, it didn't when I first put it on. Although it was fairly easy to get it to lay down. All you need to do is take a heat gun to it, get it fairly hot(not so hot that it's going to melt or sag, just enough to soften it a little) then take and bend it some. Once it's cooled, try it on the fenders. If it still doesn't lay flush, then just repeat the process until it does. It may actually be a good idea to make it so that the hood has to spread and flatten out some when bolted down.

As for the mesh grille in my hood. I actually made the grille. It's made from a piece of white plastic I had left over from some of the work I've done to my plastics. I made a template of the grille opening, then cut a piece of plastic and drilled the honeycomb pattern into it. I can make these in less than an hour. I can also make them to be held with zipties, or very small nuts and bolts.

If anyone wants one of these grilles for their hoods, just pm me for some details.