PDA

View Full Version : What do do? Quick reply!

yellow400ex05
10-13-2005, 05:51 PM
I got 4 flat tires and overnight they went flat and I went searching for the holes. and i could only find 3 of the 4 holes. There is one hole in each tire. I just got my Maxxis razrs like not even three weeks ago and thats what ticks me off the most! And the problem is the holes are like this small - or smaller!!!!!!!!

I bought 10 "TECH" tire plugs for $1.00. I want to be able to ride this weekend and I was wondering whats the easiest way to plug the tires without killing youself to get the hole to be even close enough to plut the plug in? and i tried pouring water on the tires to find the tires and that workde but i still have to find one hole.

FasstMidnightZ
10-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Little off topic but, What did you do to get a hole in each tire ?

Ralph
10-13-2005, 05:57 PM
someone prob stabbed em with something...

KH426
10-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Try soapy water it makes better bubbles. Get a tire plug kit from TSC or something like that, make sure you get the T handle set makes life much easier.

yellow400ex05
10-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by bomb_squad
Little off topic but, What did you do to get a hole in each tire ?

Well recently some dumbass decided to make 7,000 dollars worth of damge at a pit and they broke the tractor windows and put dirt in the gastanks. and I didin't know about it and i went throught there twice once in and once out and the ppl that work at the pit mustv'e put stuff down bc my other friends got flats too on their quads.

One of my friends didn't get any flats bc his brute force had tires that had green stuff in the tires and every time he got holes in the tires the green stuff would spray out and plug up the tires. An idea where i could get this stuff and wat the name of it is? And how well does this stuff work?

AtvMxRider
10-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Air the tire up and then put it in a tub of water and look for the bubbles.

660Grizz04
10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
The stuff is called " slime " i put it in my stock grizzly tires after getting flats all the time ..... I put it in about 1 year and 1/2 ago and no flats afterwards .... You should be able to get it at and auto parts place .... Or on the internet ...

AtvMxRider
10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 660Grizz04
The stuff is called " slime " i put it in my stock grizzly tires after getting flats all the time ..... I put it in about 1 year and 1/2 ago and no flats afterwards .... You should be able to get it at and auto parts place .... Or on the internet ...

That might be fine for a utility quad but you don't want to put it in a sport quad or a quad that you are jumping because it unbalances the tire.

10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Chill out dude this is a 5 minute fix.. plug the holes u can find n dump slime in the one u cant

BlazingYamahaYz
10-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
That might be fine for a utility quad but you don't want to put it in a sport quad or a quad that you are jumping because it unbalances the tire.

Not true. At least not for me. I kept getting a flat in my right rear tire. I put Slime in it, and only that tire. I have had no problems ridding/jumping at all. I'm about to throw slime in my front left tire because it keeps going flat. I have never been thrown off balance because of the slime before.

10-14-2005, 06:12 AM
plugs are easy, If you slime them, the next guys changing your tires will kill you

Jersey450R
10-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
Well recently some dumbass decided to make 7,000 dollars worth of damge at a pit and they broke the tractor windows and put dirt in the gastanks. and I didin't know about it and i went throught there twice once in and once out and the ppl that work at the pit mustv'e put stuff down bc my other friends got flats too on their quads.

One of my friends didn't get any flats bc his brute force had tires that had green stuff in the tires and every time he got holes in the tires the green stuff would spray out and plug up the tires. An idea where i could get this stuff and wat the name of it is? And how well does this stuff work?
this wasnt near hammonton was it? LOL!
if it was, i know what happened.

are you the kid that lives on moss mill road?

check your pm's and get back to me yellow...

MR.BIG
10-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Put a tube in it and be done with it!

quadrcr161
10-14-2005, 08:39 AM
look up your local NTB or prob any big tire place. they have a plug that they can pull from the inside of the tire and from what i saw it works great.

wilkin250r
10-14-2005, 12:22 PM
You want a quick fix? Go to the hardware store and buy some large, short wood screws or sheet-metal screws. I carry several with me whenever I go riding. The air pressure in ATV tires isn't high enough to pop them out.

They make a quick, easy fix until I can pull the tire off and patch it properly.