PDA

View Full Version : which nerfs?

400exrider26
10-13-2005, 03:20 PM
i am looking at pro armor nerfs with the pegs and heel guards or the ac racing propegs with heel guards.. i was going to get some standard acs until i saw these deals...
http://www.magicracing.com/view_category.asp?cat=196

Seems a little low of a price for these the acs... is everything there on the nerfs or is this a scam>?
also, do the proarmors bolt to you plastic or something, because they have bolt tabs above the heel guards...? will both these nerfs withstand hard woods riding? which one has more room from heel guard to peg? which one does everyone perfer?

a-1
10-14-2005, 05:20 PM
ive got the pro armor and they are awsome

igmif
10-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I bought the Pro Armour last year and they were soo pretty for about 2 months. The prob with them is that they hang 2" below your pegs. So if you do anything that max's out your shocks those nerfs drag. I ride XC alot and every time I bottomed out or clipped a rock they'd push back a hair til they rubbed on my back tires. Didn't take long at all til those heel plates wore away. The neft area was so strong though that it was a pain to bend them back. Ended up chopping the heel plates off. Those things are very light and pretty but they don't last.

400exrider26
10-15-2005, 01:45 PM
well in that case i think i will go with the acs... is there any problems or opinions about them before i get them>? thanks

QuadJunkies
10-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider26
well in that case i think i will go with the acs... is there any problems or opinions about them before i get them>? thanks
I personally do not like ACnerfs as well , we have had two sets and 3 sets of Pro Armor..they never fit properly and the welds were not good. I like my Pro Armor better

I just ordered a new set of Pro Armor and the heel guards have a VERY NICE reinforcement on the heel guards now also.

ride_red666
10-15-2005, 10:20 PM
i got acs and i paid $125 canadian for them.

400exrider26
10-16-2005, 04:47 AM
is it true about the pro armor being lower then the pegs and the engine? is there a big diffrence between distance from heel to peg on the 2 nerfs? which one is stronger? are the pegs moved in either the back, foward, down, up?

QuadJunkies
10-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider26
is it true about the pro armor being lower then the pegs and the engine? is there a big diffrence between distance from heel to peg on the 2 nerfs? which one is stronger? are the pegs moved in either the back, foward, down, up? the new ones Im not sure of, Il know next week and can take some pics installed if you like?? The ones I have had before posed no issues other than the heel guards needed more reinforcement, the new ones have that .

ReconRider25
10-16-2005, 05:50 PM
to be honest i like my dg allow series. theyre light, fairly cheap, and if they ever get dull take some steel wool and polish to them and they look new again. no problems with them bending in i use them to slide along/around a tree and theyre above the bottom of the frame so they wont drag. but just like all nerfs i dont recommend standing on them. they will bend that way.