PDA

View Full Version : whats with the new law

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 12:31 PM
hey guys whats with this new law that kids under 16 cant ride a quad i mean it isn't other people faults that parents are too lazy to get up and go WATCH their kid whie they ride instead of sitting around while innexperienced riders go out and get themselves seriously injured and sometimes killed. i agree that kids should be more careful but i dont think at all that they should pass it.. i mean its not other peoples problems!!!

tater_kamik
10-13-2005, 01:18 PM
i havent heard of this, where is this at?

jack_no7
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I know in indiana that you have to be 16 and older to ride on county roads.....which I think is smart

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 02:04 PM
if u have google or something like it go to it and type NC LAWS on atv's and it 'll give yya some things find the most reasonable one but yeah they havn't passed it yet but they are gonna
but yes i do think like on the road they should have a law for it but its not other peoples fault that parents dont take time to watch their kids and then they go get hurt and soemtimes killed ya know? so yeah u can check out that if ya want...

z400roosteR
10-13-2005, 02:48 PM
I doubt they will pass any law they says no one under 16 can ride atv's just maybe limit the power to like 300cc's and under, cause that would kill a large part of the atv income or w/e you want to call it....It's a family oriented type thing for lots of people and passing a law that says no riding for anyone under sixteen is retarded.

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 04:46 PM
your prolly right and i hope they allow 350cc's cause thats what im gettin next
and how will the cops know that your sixteen and what size the engine is inspect every 4 wheeler out there? lol i think not

z400roosteR
10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
profiling.

Foxracin
10-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Yea, its pretty stupid. I live in NC to. lol Good thing I turn 16 this coming Tuesday.:blah:

tater_kamik
10-14-2005, 06:00 PM
i remember getting pissed off because of the rules against minors, but statistically, minors do have a lot of accidents. i still dont agree personally but... like when sc enacted an law that required anyone without an drivers license to take an boaters safety coarse and pass an test, and the minimum age to take the test was 14... but by the time it was enacted i was 14 so it didnt matter.

ScarredRider
10-14-2005, 07:28 PM
hey u dude that turns sixteen until you turn eighteen anyone that rides an ATV must have consistant parental supervission while riding until they eighteen so yeah sucks for both of us

Foxracin
10-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Eh screw em all... Ill still ride.:devil: