PDA

View Full Version : raptor mods for racing

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 08:07 AM
hey guys what sorts of mods would i need to make a raptor perform like a sport 4 wheeler?

Thanks

tater_kamik
10-13-2005, 08:27 AM
it already is an sport 4 wheeler, and it depends on what kind of "racing" you are doing.

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 09:30 AM
im not gonna be into official races for a while but ima be practicing with friends and im wondering what kinda mods will help me smoke the competition

Thanks

tater_kamik
10-13-2005, 09:44 AM
like i said, what kind of racing do you want to get into? practice is very important. after that, the raptor really needs a better suspension and tires, that will help a lot. of course a lottle extra power will help. many places require that you have nerfs and an ignition cut off, but if they dont it is an good idea... these are the simplest things to do

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 09:55 AM
I personally am looking to get into stock races and freestyle competitions and stuff like that so if u have some advice for those kind of things then it would be much appreciated...

Thanks

tater_kamik
10-13-2005, 10:25 AM
definately suspension, that would be a big number one on my list. extended a arms and good shocks and an extended axle will make a huge improvement on the stability and handling of your quad in all conditions. i love power so a high comp piston and cam with a good clutch is right up there. gearing is critical if you ask me, my suggestion to find out what works best for you is to buy some cheaper sprockets and decide what you like, then go get some good ones such as sidewinder. i hate vibration in the handlebars, so a good stem with antivib handlebar mount is nice, and i hear that the flexx bars rock (though i dont have them, atleast not yet:D ) controls are important, i like mine to me easy to use and not tire me out, so good grips, good handlebar position, and an easy pull clutch are very nice to have. braking is often ofterlooked, good pads and steel braided lines will help a lot with that. i have a lot onto my quad myself, but you dont have to have very much, i used to race my warrior on an sx track, and i didnt do bad either. let me know what products you are checking out, its possible i can give you an review

raptor#66
10-13-2005, 05:30 PM
sell it and buy a 450!!!

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 05:54 PM
im perfectly happy with my 350 thank you and i dont plan on selling it for a while

TheRidinLife01
10-13-2005, 06:46 PM
first off...your name is 'scarredrider' if you want to do ANY king of racing you have to get the scare factor out of your head. in anykind of racing if you want to place good and be competitive you gotta ride balls out(not litterally) you gotta get good at riding fast basically...there is no such thing as half throttle

ScarredRider
10-13-2005, 07:21 PM
dude that would be scaredrider this is like SCARface so scarredrider lol im perfectly fine going REALLY fast its friggin fun

tater_kamik
10-14-2005, 04:55 PM
with an 350, it really lacks power. i would throw an piston, cam, etc in it and some good tires asap. from there, sky is the limit

z400roosteR
10-14-2005, 05:11 PM
This guy registered 2 days ago already has 38 posts and started a billion threads!

tater_kamik
10-14-2005, 05:23 PM
i noticed that too, but there isnt any law against that!

TheRidinLife01
10-14-2005, 07:49 PM
ladies and gentlemen...we have a new post whore

tater_kamik
10-14-2005, 08:06 PM
i thought that position was filled by me??

ScarredRider
10-16-2005, 01:36 PM
i am proud to be an active member of www.exriders.com
so thank you very much