PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips On A Bad Break Up?

lil400exman
10-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Well I have liked this girl since 6th grade. She cut it off with me on Monday afternoon. I have put blood sweat and tears into this relationship and then she just calls me one day and asks me to come over and then bam. I dont know how to take it or what to do.

I want to marry this girl. I ave always been good to her. Never cheated on her, always loyal never made her do anything she didnt want to do, always there for her through the tough times and really cared for her.

She then goes out and drops me and it just has really crushed me. I mean we were looking at houses and everything. I was even looking at engagement rings. Where did I go wrong?Her family and friends have no idea what sparked her to do this as they all know im a good guy and have treated her great (always respectful,open doors, get gifts etc.)

At any rate, do any of you have tips on a bad breakup? Recently I have been working 17-19 hour days and that helped a little, but I dont know what to do....this is killin me :( :ermm:

Quad18star
10-13-2005, 08:09 AM
That's the way women work sometimes . My ex dropped the bomb on me also .... everythiing was fine , she calls me and tells me it's over . All she gave up on a relationship cuz she wanted to go screw another guys and because he was " better for her" . I guess he was too good for her , cuz he ended up leaving her 2 weeks after and she tried to come crawling back to me . I shut the door in her face .

My best advice , take some time for yourself . Live the single life ... it's great . Time heals everything ... just try not to always have her on your mind . If all else fails , go to the bar , meet a girl and have a wild night . I know it sure made me feel better . :D ;)

86350x
10-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Never went out with someone THAT long. But todays new-age women is a spoiled bratt. Older chicks are even worse. I suggest you don't take her back. If you really didn't do anything wrong, then she had no reason to do that. And if you did end up getting married, sounds like a sensless divorce would be in your future. Wich means your going to loose half of your stuff. It could be an excuse for her to just go out and F##k around like Greg said

Save your money, this one sounds like another head case.

Mxjunkie
10-13-2005, 08:21 AM
I wouldnt take her back, live the single life much better

Guy400
10-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
Her family and friends have no idea what sparked her to do thisDon't worry, I'll give her back when I'm done with her:D I'm just kidding. There's really no magical thing you can do to get over it. If she was willing to just end it all over apparently nothing than she's not good enough to continue dating anyway, much less marry her. Move on with your life and do the things you enjoy doing. Whatever you do...don't talk to her anymore, period. All that does is make the separation that much more difficult. Cut your losses and move on with your life. I was dumped pretty hard twice. The first time was my high school/college sweetheart who told me over the phone one night because she wanted to live the crazy life with her single girlfriends. The second was several years later after college. I bought a ring and was literally about to propose to the girl and she dumped right there. Sure it's tough but I'm a better person for it and I couldn't be happier now with my wife and daughter.

jwick07
10-13-2005, 08:46 AM
What I would do is take the time to enjoy your new freedoms, that it sounds like you have not had in quite some time. Sorry for your loss but, everything happens for a reason. One of my best friends in High School married his only girlfriend he ever had, they always were together all the damn time never hung out with his guy friends, so really I was one of the few friends he had in High School and College just because we grew up together, I how ever lived like a crazy man, I had girlfriends and lots of "friends with privliages", one of the coolest girls that I worked with and went to school with became my best friend, (besides the guys) and we always new when the time was right we would be together but until then we lived life how we wanted, well we both graduated college together and started dating right away and today we have been married two months.

To break it down...........TONS OF HOES SO PARTY WITH THE BROS

or..............ITS A BIG DAMN SEA FULL OF FISH, THROW LOTS BACK TILL YOU CATCH A KEEPER

tim colston
10-13-2005, 09:34 AM
It could be a blessing in disguise. Just remeber as soon as you aren't looking for "the one" she will fall in your lap. Don't take her back. Go out knock a couple of cold ones back and pick up some strange. Don't take any calls, nothing from her. When you appear that it doesn't bother you she will more than likely want to come back. I wouldn;t give her the time of day anymore. just my 2 cents.

TO

Tommy 17
10-13-2005, 09:38 AM
move on... totaly forget her and everything and go find another...

wish i woulda done that 2 years ago... woulda saved me alot of time and pain...:o

MR.BIG
10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Nothing is going to make you feel better for a while. It is very easy for everybody to give you advice on what to do but it is very hard to do so you will end up doing what you want. I am sorry you have to deal with this crap but it happens to everybody sooner or later. If you have been with her a long time she probably wants to see if the grass in greener on the other side.
She may come back but she may not just try to move on and keep yourself busy. Good luck and try not to call her!

tater_kamik
10-13-2005, 10:50 AM
i like to go party when im having chick problems, you know, go out with the boys, go out to a dance club where there are plenty of girls and have fun, just dont even think about her. if it was meant to be, it would happen, if not... i do not trust chicks, i think they are all shady (no offense to all of the ladies out there) but that is just my experience. one thing that helped me once was i hooked up with her best friend, thats a way to end it:D though it might not be a great idea

xcracer416
10-13-2005, 11:15 AM
dude that sucks to hear that, ive been through it, ive gotton over it and then i found a hotter one than i had that didnt complain about quad racing or riding or huevos 7 in the dvd player all the time. take the advice that i got from an old man that i used to look up to until he died "there are more fish in the sea, your just have to bait your hook again".

wilkin250r
10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Time heals all wounds.

Now, I can't give you solid advice on how to get over your pain. However, I CAN give advice on your new-found freedoms.

If you plan on a rebound relationship, or random hook-ups to help you with these tough times, do not, do NOT talk about your exgirlfriend. No woman in the world wants to hear about the girl you're still in love with.

When (not if) the subject comes up, just say "It didn't work out. Sure, it sucks, it hurts, but no sense dwelling on it. I'm ready to move on with life."

This tells your new fling several things.

1. You you do not bad-mouth your ex-girlfriends. This important, as your new fling is likely to become an ex herself.

2. It DOES hurt, therefore you are caring and able to feel compassion, but you are also practical and realize that nothing can be done about it, therefore life must go on.

3. You realize that your new fling is interested in YOU, not your ex, and you're not going to let your ex ruin your good time.

Failure to follow this advice will mean that you'll never get laid again your entire life.

10-13-2005, 11:30 AM
yor ex will go date some jerk. relize how good she had it, then want to come back.

ThumPIN_450R
10-13-2005, 01:06 PM
did you say 17-19 hour days? That's allot of freakin hours. I don't have much help but if it was me I'd pork her best freind.

AtvMxRider
10-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
Where did I go wrong?Her family and friends have no idea what sparked her to do this as they all know im a good guy and have treated her great (always respectful,open doors, get gifts etc.)

You prolly didn't do anything wrong she just wanted to be with somebody else. Just forget her you are WAY to young to worry about getting married. JUst go out and screw everything that walks(females):devil:

quadmaster88
10-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
yor ex will go date some jerk. relize how good she had it, then want to come back.

well said

Mxjunkie
10-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You prolly didn't do anything wrong she just wanted to be with somebody else. Just forget her you are WAY to young to worry about getting married. JUst go out and screw everything that walks(females):devil:

lmfao, go knock up her sister or something
http://www.wayne-interessierts.com/threadpics/hit-it/hit-it-like-this.jpg

tater_kamik
10-13-2005, 01:39 PM
or her mom if she is a milf

jcv400ex
10-13-2005, 02:11 PM
I dunno, I think commitment scares women more than they admit. They say it's all us.....but I don't think so.

I dated a girl for 7 years, was engaged for 2 years.....then she cheated on me when we started really planning everything and it all started falling in place.... said I wasn't right for her, she wanted to have fun. Well I was devistated for about a month. She went out and painted the town everyweekend, slepted at different guy's houses everyweekend. I found someone new, and holy cow, she made a mistake and was ready to settle down.......

One of 2 things. You either scared her and she just freaked out, and will get over it soon.....your choice to work it out or not.

Or she's ready to whore around....sick of being "tied down"

GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!!!

steveatv3
10-13-2005, 04:02 PM
when its over its over and thats all there is too it you cant beg or pleed for someone back because you dont want to get someone back because of pitty

I just broke up with my g/f last week it was about a 2 year relationship, i really dont know what spurd it we have been bickering but nothing serious it didnt bother me because we never fight i still love her but i just wanted somthing different in my life and to cut the whole routine.

Also i was with another girl like the last week of the relationship so that could have done it but this girl is no ware near as special as my g/f but its early and ill have to see.

other then that just go out there and ride quads! i personally rode my street bike witch was faster and just went weaving through traffic at 100mph it made me feel better

redlineranger
10-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
i like to go party when im having chick problems, you know, go out with the boys, go out to a dance club where there are plenty of girls and have fun, just dont even think about her. if it was meant to be, it would happen, if not... i do not trust chicks, i think they are all shady (no offense to all of the ladies out there) but that is just my experience. one thing that helped me once was i hooked up with her best friend, thats a way to end it:D though it might not be a great idea

i do believe ive done the best friend thing 5 times now:p :ermm: ... its all good though... to the guy that started the thread, just dont give her the time of day like said..... go out and just have fun for a few months, live the single life, get all the girls u want.... eventually u find the right 1

dober250R
10-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Bro, just do all the things that you wanted to do but couldn't because she was around. Not everyone has something as fast as a crotch rocket, I wish I did, but i have to settle for my 250R or my hemi to get my aggression out. Too bad the hemi's electronically limited to 110 mph. It hits it in the top end of 4th gear.

Ghost-Rider
10-13-2005, 05:01 PM
yea that sucks......PFF WHO NEEDS WOMEN?:cuss: ....ok so there not to bad but yea jsut go screw around and froget about her dude:ermm: .

Ralph
10-13-2005, 05:10 PM
post all the dirt you have on her on the internet...

AtvMxRider
10-13-2005, 05:14 PM
sleep with her best friend:devil:

Rancher350Angel
10-13-2005, 05:58 PM
this might not be much help..but she may have left b/c you gave her everything she wanted..some girls want a challenge to get a guy...then once then know they have them its not as fun..idk thats how i am sometimes...but..you seem like a nice enoguh guy..so i duuno what her problem was..but dont let her back. B/c then she'll leave again and want to come back..don't let her get away with it.

sorry prob. not much help :(

Quadfather
10-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Obviously, size does matter.

MAaudioX10
10-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Ride, ride, ride, ride!

Be with friends and ride. Always worked for me.

I went through a similar situation about a year and a half ago with my girlfriend of, at that time, 3 1/2 years....one day she comes home and tells me she wants to see what it is like to like on her own. Absolutely floored me!

Not much I could do about it....we lived in an apartment together. Lease was up so, we went our seperate ways. For the next 2 months I rode my *** off and spent a lot of time with my buddies.

2 months later, she come crawling back after her roommate up and moves out on her sticking her with rent.

Long story short....I took her back but, everyday, I remind her of the bullchit she put me through. I don't regret taking her back. She was and is the best thing and I love her a lot.

We now have a house together and fancies of marriage.

I know this is the opposite of what you are being told but, this is another reality that could happen. She could realize that what she did was a huge mistake and come crawling back. For me, it make my relationship strong.

What you need to do is figure out what you want because if and when she comes crawling back, you need to be sure you know what you want!

DaleJrFan
10-13-2005, 07:28 PM
when ever i use to have women problems, i would go visit my best friends: Jose, Jack, Jim, and Johnny Walker.

MAaudioX10
10-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Rancher350Angel
this might not be much help..but she may have left b/c you gave her everything she wanted..some girls want a challenge to get a guy...then once then know they have them its not as fun..idk thats how i am sometimes...but..you seem like a nice enoguh guy..so i duuno what her problem was..but dont let her back. B/c then she'll leave again and want to come back..don't let her get away with it.

sorry prob. not much help :( .

LOL....yeah, girls like *** holes.......

Atreyu
10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Don't rush your life dude. If there's one thing I've learned over the last 3 years of being with my girl is..someday I'm gonna be fat and old sitting on my porch with a beer in my hand and looking back on the memories I've made and realize...damn I shoulda been single. You've got all your life to beat up the same p*ssy every night. Go out and pass the time being single and having fun brothaaa.

lil400exman
10-14-2005, 12:56 AM
thanks for the help guys............getting some pats on the back keeps my head up!:)

prepracing
10-14-2005, 01:22 AM
just like the old saying "nice guys finish last" seems to always hold true, then on the other hand you have guys that treat their girls like ***** and they love them for it :confused: Good Luck and happy hunting

lil400exman
10-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
just like the old saying "nice guys finish last" seems to always hold true, then on the other hand you have guys that treat their girls like ***** and they love them for it :confused: Good Luck and happy hunting

What is it with that? I know guys who cheat all day on there girls and they girls know it and love their man more than anything still!:confused:

she called me up and told me I was suffocating her. I left roses for her on her bed and took her out and told her I love you pretty often......... I guess that is suffocating :huh I even let her talk to other guys without a problem..........I dont understand that! lol

MR.BIG
10-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Rancher350Angel

sorry prob. not much help :(

Listen to her she is 100% correct! Treat them like you don't care about them it makes them want you more as weird as it sounds.

LT250Racer609
10-14-2005, 03:51 PM
i just recnetly had a break up with a 5 year girlfriend....the best thing to do is really go out with your friends, ride your quad with everyone (if thats what u do) work and you meet new people....i ended up meeting a really nice,pretty girl a few weeks later after the break up and im happier then i have been in the last 5 years and the EX is jelous trying to get back in my life...too late:D

the best thing to do is do anything to keep ur mind off of her...if your home alone sitting around watching tv your gonna start thinking about everything and your gonna get more depressed then ever...the best way is basically your friends and people that have always been there for you

wilkin250r
10-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Girls do NOT like guys that are jerks, or guys that ignore them. And if you honestly think that, you're a moron.

What girls DO like, are guys that are fun, interesting, and exciting.

Girls are attracted to guys that know where all the cool parties are, guys that are involved in wild and exciting activities. Guys that are FUN!

Guys who bring roses and write poetry are NOT fun, especially to a 16yr old girl. Girls want to go to parties, and be in exciting places, not sit at home and speak in a baby voice "No, I wuv YOU more, shmoopsy-kins"

However, it just so happens that those types of guys that are fun and exciting also treat their women like crap. But make no mistake, it is NOT the treatment that attracts the women.

You want more chicks than you know what to do with? Be fun, exciting AND treat women with respect.

AtvMxRider
10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
You want more chicks than you know what to do with? Be fun, exciting AND treat women with respect.

Well said:macho

Ralph
10-14-2005, 05:59 PM

hahaha good one:devil:

bluebaron
10-14-2005, 06:53 PM
beer and lots of it:)

MAaudioX10
10-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Girls do NOT like guys that are jerks, or guys that ignore them. And if you honestly think that, you're a moron.

YEP! Your girlfriend owns your balls....

10-14-2005, 11:37 PM
you need to do her once more for old times and give her a guerilla mask!!!!

MAaudioX10
10-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Gorilla mask? Oh. Blackpred, do tell....what is a gorilla mask....

300ex_rider1121
10-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by mittimj

my ex dumped me for no reason and went out with my bestfriend a couple months later:huh does that count

300ex_rider1121
10-15-2005, 05:36 PM
o and hes cheating on her.....ah:ermm: who cares

AtvMxRider
10-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_rider1121
who cares

300ex_rider1121
10-15-2005, 05:44 PM
hey thats cool thats how i feel when he talks about her