PDA

View Full Version : Which will be the best for beating HRC 450r 250. 265,300,310,330,350

slamdak8782
10-13-2005, 06:01 AM
I want my 250r to beat up on the HRC 450s whast is the best bore for this. I dont want a quad only for straight lines, it also has to be able to rule in the woods and to go out and race motocross. More emphasis on woods. My 400 just wont hang so maybe my R will. Any suggestions?

zedicus00
10-13-2005, 06:54 AM
this has been covered in detail already. the general rule is a 265 with port work and a good pipe and intake will hav the power you need. also if u wanna hang on the track i suggest some suspension mods too.

racerx573
10-13-2005, 09:12 AM
All about the rider man.

wilkin250r
10-13-2005, 11:03 AM
The 350 bores have a ton of low-end power and torque, but they generally don't rev out as well.

I've never been able to put too much seat time on a 310, but they seem like they would have the best compromise between rev-ability and big-bore grunt. However, most people say a 330 is better than a 310 for any type of riding, and the ONLY advantage to a 310 is that you don't have to machine the cases.

265s are very popular, and have been developed more than any other engine package, due to racing influence.

A 265 is a good engine, but personally I think you would be better off with a 310 or 330 if you're not limited to displacement size to meet racing class restrictions.

Really, it's up to your individual riding style.

deathman53
10-13-2005, 04:36 PM
I had a 330, I didn't think it revved very good, then I went back to my 40 ovr ported stock and I like that more than the 330, now I have lrd 310pv, and it kicks ***, revs fast, makes insane power, and doesn't have heat issues like my 330 did. I'd go with a 310(really a 295), also with a 310 you have 4-6 bores on it without a resleave(last bore is a true 310). most 330's you only get 2-3 bores on it. I'd go with a 310 powervalve.

slamdak8782
10-14-2005, 12:31 AM
I know that they make 310 cylinders. Can you get a big bore cylinder, and who would make the best? I Have anybody used an la sleeve? I think that is what CT uses. What is the biggest that you can go without buying a custom cylinder. How do they compare to aftermarket cylinders. Also is the coolhead worth it. Or would a stock head that was shaved be the ticket?

twisted threads
10-14-2005, 10:17 AM
What you need it this!:blah:
In the woods its going to be tough to beat the 450's with the motor alone its going to half to be rider also. Any motor you go with your going to half to get a woods pipe to get you some low end grunt. By the way my buddys and I have dealed with lots of people about 250r's and so far ESR (Eddie Sanders Racing) have been the best. www.esr250.com

XCredrider
10-14-2005, 03:43 PM
you shouldnt even need an aftermarket cylinder. I had a stocl cylinder bored .80 over with krank it racing porting for mid to top and have rode a 450r with a stage 2 hot cam and some other things on it and it is not even close to the 250. i raced my friend with his 450 and me on a stock suzuki 250r and i beat him by about 2 bike lengths everytime and i still had another gear and he was tapped out. just a good port job and decent pipe will get you in front of them..... if you know how to ride. me and my friend are also equally good riders.

beerock
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

265s are very popular, and have been developed more than any other engine package, due to racing influence.

thats not true, GNCC allowed up to 350cc 2 strokes, bill balance, chris borich, william yokely ETC ran the R with this motor and LRD, curtis sparks ETC know how to port them and put a package together.

On another note, most pro gnc 265 motors were aftermarket cylinders and had almost the same cast porting as the larger motors since the only difference was sleeve size. the port mapping is very similar for low, mid , top end port jobs between the 265 all the way up to the 370's the sleeve size is the main difference.

STR330R
10-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by XCredrider
you shouldnt even need an aftermarket cylinder. I had a stocl cylinder bored .80 over with krank it racing porting for mid to top and have rode a 450r with a stage 2 hot cam and some other things on it and it is not even close to the 250. i raced my friend with his 450 and me on a stock suzuki 250r and i beat him by about 2 bike lengths everytime and i still had another gear and he was tapped out. just a good port job and decent pipe will get you in front of them..... if you know how to ride. me and my friend are also equally good riders.

I would have to disagree with just about everything you said... maybee i'm wrong but seems very hard to believe. I had a very good running ESR 330 cylinder on my r, with many other aftermarket things such as 40.5mm kehin carb etc... and i raced my brother with his hrc kit and we were pretty much neck and neck. My suggestion sell both of your bikes and by a 450r if you do mostly woods.

beerock
10-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by STR330R
I would have to disagree with just about everything you said... maybee i'm wrong but seems very hard to believe. I had a very good running ESR 330 cylinder on my r, with many other aftermarket things such as 40.5mm kehin carb etc... and i raced my brother with his hrc kit and we were pretty much neck and neck. My suggestion sell both of your bikes and by a 450r if you do mostly woods.

bro all i have to say is something is wrong with your setup then. I have a stock cast port 330 cylinder, i Havent even ported it yet. I raced my buddies worked 05 450 with a hrc cam full exhaust, hipers etc and i beat him by 3-4 bike lengths everytime.

heres his old bike thet he sold

now this bike just got a 13:1 piston and a fcr carb, I'm goin riding next weekend and im sure we will be having a lil friendly draggin goin on, we sure did last time. I bet hes a bike length in back of me and if he isnt, looks like it will time to de virginize the cast porting on this cylinder and do some magic.

My other buddy just got his brand new curtiss parks 350PV installed in his walsh R thats gonna eat us all up but even more means to de virginize the cylinder.

beerock
10-15-2005, 11:47 PM
man i love these shots

STR330R
10-16-2005, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beerock
[B]bro all i have to say is something is wrong with your setup then.

Yeah my pipe was a bottom end to mid range pipe that did hurt me quite a bit , and my bro 450 had hrc and full exhaust forgot to mention the hrc. And my point was if he wants to be competing and beat a 450 in the woods, it would be a lot easier to in my opinion to just buy a 06 450r :)

twisted threads
10-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by STR330R

I agree with my little brother on this on! Trust me he had me beat 3 of the 5 races but they were close and there were NO stock cylinder 250r in front of me.;) But that was in the sand at BOX CAR hill in Coos Bay.

XCredrider..... yes for the wood a good running 330pv or 350pv would be nice and I know would be better than a stock cylinder 250r with any port job you could throw at it....and trust me I have had every kind of motor combo out there AND I still would take my 450r 4stroke any day in a woods race. But thats me. By the way im not flameing at all. ;) :D

XCredrider
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
i would not give up my 250r for a 450 but i would like to own a 450 also. but thats me and i have my own thought and favorites. But the fact is in a straight line mine was faster and in the woods its all rider. there is a 300ex that races at haspin and he got 2nd in a class where all other bikes were 450's and such. a 4 stroke is easier to ride fast though for new riders.

slamdak8782
10-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I realize the 450 is great for the woods. I always have wanted the 250r. Igot the 400ex and Ilove four stroke power but I have always wanted an 250r and until Iget one Idon't think any other quad will satisfy. I just want to own the legend and as long as Ican beat the hrc450r in astright line and take bragging rights I'll be happy.:D

Lonestar_R
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
well....I own an almost completly aftermarketed 250R...and a brand new 06 450R......and if I had it to do over again...I would just redo my 250R...and the 06 would of stayed at the dealership......I guess maybe once I get it broke in and setup the way I want it.....it will be different......but right now....my 250R is stroked, ported, and bored .060 over.....it rips.....the power of that stock cylinder is unbelieveable.....I have yet to line both up cause my 250 is in pieces getting balljoints and what have you replaced.....but I would guess the little 250 won't give that big 450 and inch in a straight line....and in the woods....I know I'm faster on the 250......I can eat almost anything in the woods on that 250.....I don't race but I can say....I am a damn good rider....it is all in personal perfence.....right now I like the 250 much better......ask me a year from now I may say I like the 450.....ride both and then make the decsion....but there are alot of 250R's that are beat and don't run worth a crap.....I have seen alot and rode a few....and the porting and pipes do make a difference...so be aware of all of that also

Tom TRX250R
10-18-2005, 10:33 PM
I beat a 450R with HRC kit and pipe on it by about 2 quad lengths last week at the dunes. We raced two times and had the same results both times. I have a stock cylinder, ported/polished by Sandtrix, bored over to .50, 38mm A/S carb, V-Force Reeds, ESR open air, ESR pipe/silencer, and ESR high compression cool head.

Before this weekend I thought I needed a big bore cylinder to compete with the the 450 class but after racing several of them this weekend, I realized a stock cylinder can pull away from them if set up right.