PDA

View Full Version : E.S.R. Racing Products...anyone have experience with them??

fyi
10-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Does anyone here have a direct experience with E.S.R. Racing Products? I can't seem to find many folks who have dealt with them and I'm contemplating a purchase. Any info would be appreciated and helpful. Thanks gents! :)

www.esr250.com

Honda5
10-13-2005, 03:53 AM
I love their stuff, their stuff is awsome.

fyi
10-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Care to elaborate a bit more than just saying their "awesome"? Thank you.

10-13-2005, 08:41 AM
I bought pipe, carb, cr intake, and cr ignition. They were helpful, and price was not to bad. Got the parts in a day.

wilkin250r
10-13-2005, 02:39 PM
I've heard some good, and some bad.

Eddie Sanders is well known in the racing world, both ATVs and kart racing. A few years ago, I heard nothing but good things about his motor kits, built motors, and customer service.

However, I have heard that as his business has grown and volume has increased, a few quality issues slip through the cracks on occasion.

This is third hand, and now fourth hand as I pass it on to you, so I don't know what it's worth. Also, I've heard similar things about almost any racing company, everybody has quality issues now and then.

dtzalba450r
10-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I've purchased some billet stuff from them for my honda all I can say is great customer service, fast shipping and nice products! I'll definataley order from them again!

R3Concepts
10-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Every ESR billet product he sells is made by R.I.S. Designs..ESR's 2 strokes rip and his bike won the 4SW last year in under 501 Open, so he knows what he is doing, but I will say his porting is pretty much in and out..Its not all that clean, or right for that matter.

310ESR
10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I guess I'm prejudice, but they have always help me when I show up to the shop. I kept having a overheating problem and they took the bike for a week and found the problem. When I took my 06 450 over to the shop to see how far off the pipe was the guys that work on the cnc machines looked over all the brackets and said they better get to redesigning. RIS may build some products but not all.

deathman53
10-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I wasn't impressed with the porting on my esr330 cylinder, the two sides aren't the same, you can see it very clearly. the clyinder I had ported at my friend's shop is better porting by far. the 330 makes alot of torque, but the power didn't seem 70cc's over stock, my 310pv well thats a whole another story, with a +1 swinger its hard to hold on to the bike and almost threw me off twice.

fyi
10-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, that helps in my decision making for sure. Ride on! :)