PDA

View Full Version : Smoking 250r

Chevy454
10-12-2005, 08:48 PM
First the good news. Sat. night our 250R, running a 350PV engine,
won out over 38 other bikes drag racing. This included modded bikes of all kinds, from Banshees, 400EXs, 450s both Honda and Yamaha, Raptors, Predators and even 700s. Won both the semi and final by bike length.

Now, the problem. The bikes runs awesome, the plug looks good, but it smokes a lot at idle, especailly after a few races. If we let it sit and idle while smoking, will usuallly clear up after a while.

We run Honda oil, 32/1 with race gas.

The engine is a LRD 350PW, Pro-design cool head w/30 dome, big bore pipe, Boysenden cage/reeds, 38 airstriker carb (38 pilot, DGL needle in 4 spot, 200 main.

We pulled the head and replaced the o-rings.

As I said, the plug looks about right.

ESR250R
10-12-2005, 11:41 PM
are you going though any coolant. thats the only thing i can think of if its only doing it after a few hard runs. mine tends to smoke alot when i first start it up, then clear up after it warms up. might wanna run your overflow tube to your pipe so you can see the steam come off the pipe, in case it starts overheating. congrads on the successful racing.

beerock
10-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Chevy454
First the good news. Sat. night our 250R, running a 350PV engine,
won out over 38 other bikes drag racing. This included modded bikes of all kinds, from Banshees, 400EXs, 450s both Honda and Yamaha, Raptors, Predators and even 700s. Won both the semi and final by bike length.

Now, the problem. The bikes runs awesome, the plug looks good, but it smokes a lot at idle, especailly after a few races. If we let it sit and idle while smoking, will usuallly clear up after a while.

We run Honda oil, 32/1 with race gas.

The engine is a LRD 350PW, Pro-design cool head w/30 dome, big bore pipe, Boysenden cage/reeds, 38 airstriker carb (38 pilot, DGL needle in 4 spot, 200 main.

We pulled the head and replaced the o-rings.

As I said, the plug looks about right.

a 38 pilot??? thats sounds to low you should be around 48-52

what color is your smoke at idle?