PDA

View Full Version : RC advice......

JKWGA400EX
10-12-2005, 08:15 PM
im looking for a nitro rc,it doesnt have to be a brand name as long as its reliable and it works good.i want a truck or something good for jumping a LITTLE and doing wheelies,does not have to be very fast.what truck do u think would best match that descrepsion?also its not suppossed to be very expense,as cheap as posible.were can i get something like that?

thanks a bunch,
Jared

dirt308
10-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Right now I would look for a T-MAXX. They're awesome for backyard bashing and because the revo and other new trucks built for racing in the truggy class have just came out you can pick them up for pretty cheap. Look on ebay and pick one out in your price range.

redlineranger
10-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by dirt308
Right now I would look for a T-MAXX. They're awesome for backyard bashing and because the revo and other new trucks built for racing in the truggy class have just came out you can pick them up for pretty cheap. Look on ebay and pick one out in your price range.

that or a savage 25..... i'd personally rather have the savage, but thats just me

either way if ur just gonna bash around, thats basically what both of them are made for;)

chris400
10-12-2005, 09:03 PM
i have a traxxas s-maxx, i love them because theyre so light, and theyre two wheel drive, no fancy reverse kits or 4 wheel drive kits on them, theyre just like quads, adn they still rip liek the t-maxx.

i have a s-maxx that has been sitting around because the motor failed or soemthing, so i bought a brand new fantom motor, hasn't been started yet, and just sits around and does nothing, i am willing to sell for cheap, just would need to get a shop or someone to get it running becasue i have no idea why it wont start. i think something liek the clutch got messed up because the motor was too powerful for the stock clutch

i started it a couple times, but it would just cut out. pm me or something if you interested, i can get pics, i have a few mods on it.

thanks
-chris

10-12-2005, 09:18 PM
I have a traxxas revo if anyone wants to buy it. it is set up with a JR xs3 radio. steal it at 500. 500 for revo new- 250 for radio new. both in MINT conditon. revo starts raite up no problem, always taken care of. just needs a lid, about 20$. dont need to run it but it is a good idear. has rpm a-arms (lifetime warentee)

rc, does not = cheep. verry expensive!

JKWGA400EX
10-12-2005, 09:38 PM
thanks for the replys,they really help me out.thanks

Jared

YZ400EX
10-13-2005, 02:13 AM
If you want something to do wheelies with I would go with a Kyosho Mad Force..Nothing out there compares to this thing when it comes to wheelies..It comes stock with a wheelie bar. It is a great all around truck and has many available hop-ups..Thats what I would choose..They are cheaper then the others mentioned as well..:D

Guy400
10-13-2005, 04:56 AM
I'll sell you my Revo for $250. It's brand new, never been run. I bought it about 6 months ago, put the decals on the body and charged the battery and have never used it. I bought it because the plan was that myself, my father and my brother were all going to buy one and we were going to mess around with them when we all got together. We drove my dad's Revo one time and that's it so now mine sits on a shelf, brand new, and not being used.

Woodsrider
10-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I'll sell you my Revo for $250. It's brand new, never been run. I bought it about 6 months ago, put the decals on the body and charged the battery and have never used it. I bought it because the plan was that myself, my father and my brother were all going to buy one and we were going to mess around with them when we all got together. We drove my dad's Revo one time and that's it so now mine sits on a shelf, brand new, and not being used.
:eek2: Get out there and chase the neighbors pets with that thing man!

F-16Guy
10-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I would avoid anything with the Traxxas engine in it if you're looking for a Maxx. Find one with an O.S. engine or you'll be working on it about ten times more than you drive it. Try to find one with a .18 CV-R or CV-R(X) ("X" is pull start). Even a .15 CV-R would be good. The Traxxas Pro .15 and the new 2.5 are both junk.

10-13-2005, 06:39 PM
traxxas engines are mint.

o.s cvr engines are junk! it is a cheep o.s engine.

traxxas trx 2.5 engine is mint, just need to know how to tune it.

10-13-2005, 08:35 PM
moast ppl think electric is cheeper. but it isnt at all. electric is just as expensive, if not more when you get into the lipo bateries and brushless motors.

tdsongster
10-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I have both an EMaxx and a TMaxx. Each has their own strengths. The TMaxx is exciting to run but for tug-of-war the twin electric engines hit maximum power much faster then a nitro engine and even take 1/8th scale trucks.

F-16Guy
10-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by mittimj

I've know how to tune an R/C engine, and I know that the 2.5 is junk. Unless you live somewhere that is 50 degrees all the time, the 2.5 will run WAY hot when it is tuned right. When you richen it up to cool it down, it runs like crap. I have sealed and re-sealed everything on that engine, and it still won't run consistantly because it overheats so often. O.S., on the other hand, has yet to make an engine that runs as inconsitantly as the Traxxas mills. Even the Duratrax DTX .18 that O.S. made runs sweet. If you like the 2.5 so much, I'll gladly sell you mine.:devil:

bpimpdaddy21
10-14-2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by mittimj

Yeah, I dunno, but both the Traxxas 2.5s I had were mint. They are tough to tune, but once you figure it out, they run great. I dunno where these other people run theirs, but when I got mine tuned right I would never get anywhere close to overheating, and this is in 70 degree weather. It was probably the strongest .15 engine I have ever run in an R/C. Lots of people think they know how to tune, but its really is tough to master. I have a Sirio .18 in my Maxx now, and that thing runs better than the TRX2.5, but that 2.5 was mint too. Just my .02.

Woodsrider
10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
The Nitro Star 2.5 in the Savage is a lot easier to tune than the TRX engines. My neighbor has both a T-maxx and a Savage, I have a Savage. His T-maxx is a shelf queen. When we bash he brings out the Savage. Easier to tune, cheaper to fix, more mods available, and much faster than the T-maxx.

JForestZ34
10-15-2005, 06:56 PM
I have a T-maxx also but I also have a Savage. And to tell you the truth the savage kicks the T-maxx's *** anyday. Real easy to work on and costs about the same. Look on e-bay for an HPI Savage. The T-maxx is only a small engine truck unless you get an upgrade kit to put in the bigger engine. The T-maxx uses a .15 size engine but the Savage uses a .21. It's really up to you which one you want to get.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LH3492&P=1

Here's the link for the one I was talking about

James