PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Selling Frenzy, READ!

93MX6LSV6
10-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Well I don't know if you other Honda guys have noticed this, but I find it funny how all of a sudden there is a huge amount of YFZ's for sell now that the 2006 Honda TRX450ER was available with electric start and a somewhat better design as far as gearing, engine and suspension goes. I read several posts that the actual owners stated, "selling for new Honda 450." Hopefully those Yamaha owners aren't the same ones that liked to brag about their quads and came here to flame this site when it was EX only. Just wanted to post up something about a noted Yamaha YFZ450 "selling frenzy!"

Stephen

xcyfz450
10-12-2005, 03:27 PM
have u noticed how different the new yfz450 is compared to the last 2 years u think that might be y?

93MX6LSV6
10-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Like I said, I never really stated a solid reason, I was just curious as to if you guys have noticed the same thing. Ofcourse Yamaha owners will say my opinion is biased and that it's because the Yamaha "changed," but it doesn't change my opinion. : )

trx450Rrider
10-12-2005, 03:53 PM
the yamaha is barely changed. those little things madeit feel almost as nice as the honda.

10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
thats real funny

jshtex
10-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by trx450Rrider
the yamaha is barely changed. those little things madeit feel almost as nice as the honda.

80 things is "barely changed" ????

My son has won more than his share of races on his YFZ but I still want to buy an 06 R. It's a cool bike and I want to own one. But I aint selling the YFZ to get it.

Cody_300ex
10-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jshtex
80 things is "barely changed" ????

My son has won more than his share of races on his YFZ but I still want to buy an 06 R. It's a cool bike and I want to own one. But I aint selling the YFZ to get it.

What hes saying is they are 80 small changes, Honda had 20-30 pretty big changes, new exhaust, whole different motor design, longer swinger, electric start,ect.

jshtex
10-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
What hes saying is they are 80 small changes

Redesigned cyl head. 10cc larger motor, new rear susp / swingarm, Different Electronics, Different ergonomics. Thats just a few off the top of my head.

I guess you could call those "small".

Transplant2
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Honda's better... :blah:

I almost bought the '06 yfz when it first came out. Then I waited to see what honda did. Well worth the wait!!! Both good bikes and equal in hp this year. I just really wanted to be back on Honda. :macho

z400roosteR
10-12-2005, 07:48 PM
The Yfz is still king of the hill

400exrider707
10-12-2005, 08:24 PM
yeah I am a honda fan through and through and I jsut purchased my first 450R two days ago, but even I know that YFZ owners are selling to upgrade to a new YFZ more than likely. They made a lot of changes and I personally wouldn't mind having a new YFZ, especially since they beefed up the rod and made it a true 450. From what I hear it rips. Either way no matter what yamaha did they cant make it as reliable as a honda!!!:blah:

TrX450rKiD
10-12-2005, 08:40 PM
You know those 80 changes?

They count things like new graphics and different colored a-arms as changes. You get a list together of all the changes and see how significant they are.

I agree, Yamaha stepped up. BUT, they did not go to the extent that Honda did.

trict_out
10-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Rooster your avatar explains your comment.

Dale512
10-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Let's see alot of the changes Honda made to the 450R were things that the Yamaha already had....in other words Honda knew the had to catch up to what Yamaha has already done...the changes Yamaha made to the YFZ just made it that little bit better.....both are awesome bikes though, If I was buying right this instant I would probably be going with an 06 450R...but when I bought my quad in early 04 the YFZ was an easy choice for me.

10-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by z400roosteR
The Yfz is still king of the hill heres a typical yamaha owner...nice avatar. I wish I were that cool :rolleyes:

10-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Let's see alot of the changes Honda made to the 450R were things that the Yamaha already had....in other words Honda knew the had to catch up to what Yamaha has already done...the changes Yamaha made to the YFZ just made it that little bit better.....both are awesome bikes though, If I was buying right this instant I would probably be going with an 06 450R...but when I bought my quad in early 04 the YFZ was an easy choice for me. OMFG ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? look at what yamaha did with their chain adjustment setup ROFl....nice try, oh and when did yamaha offer a kick start? thats what I thought, leave ;)

400exrider707
10-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
OMFG ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? look at what yamaha did with their chain adjustment setup ROFl....nice try, oh and when did yamaha offer a kick start? thats what I thought, leave ;)

Ouch, harsh! But very true! Either way you really cant go wrong with either a YFZ or a TRX in the 06 form!:macho

4ABURN
10-13-2005, 07:12 AM
you guys are getting as bad as snowmobilers,there allways talking smakkkkk. I have seen a stock 600 beat a 800 because he take care of it better,is 50 pounds lighter,runs a better oil,gas,and many other reasons. These are just peoples opinions, just take them with a grain of salt. I am a die hard honda fan with a 2006 er on order, but the yfz is still a hell of quad. we should be glad that they are this close in performance, it makes the two manufactures (soon 3)to keep making them better every year. Lets keep it fun fellas.:) :) :) :) :D

jshtex
10-13-2005, 04:09 PM
oh and when did yamaha offer a kick start? thats what I thought, leave ;)

You do realize that the yamaha had kickstart (available) before there was an R right? You have heard of the YFZ right?

z400roosteR
10-13-2005, 08:56 PM
heres a typical yamaha owner...nice avatar. I wish I were that cool :rolleyes:

Wow your one illiterate dumb *** aren't you? Or are you just straight stupid? According to my signature i ride an '05 z400 which is made by SUZUKI you retard! ..........Count it!:devil:

And yes honda may have made larger changes but also take into account that they were behind the YFZ last year so those changes were necessary.

TrX450rKiD
10-13-2005, 09:17 PM
but also take into account that they were behind the YFZ last year so those changes were necessary.
Oh really? Better tell that to the MX and TT champs.

ThumPIN_450R
10-14-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't know which one is better but if my honda keeps breaking every weekend the way it has been I'll be on yammy in less than 6 months.

z400roosteR
10-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD
Oh really? Better tell that to the MX and TT champs.
Oh, and are they riding stock factory quads like me and you buy from the dealer? didn't think so.

Pappy
10-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD

I agree, Yamaha stepped up. BUT, they did not go to the extent that Honda did.

maybe because they did not have to make many changes, the bike rocked before the 06!

dont confuse rider ability with the quality of the ride.

29FTEX
10-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I don't know which one is better but if my honda keeps breaking every weekend the way it has been I'll be on yammy in less than 6 months.

I found you a YFZ to buy that's listed right on this site.

Click Here (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186710)

No quad is perfect.

ThumPIN_450R
10-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 29FTEX
I found you a YFZ to buy that's listed right on this site.

Click Here (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186710)

No quad is perfect.

I would consider it mine falls apart without even being ridden. I'm thinking more along the lines of CRF now any ways or just dropping the whole quad racing all together it pisses me off the more I think about how much money I put into for the return that comes from it.

seven
10-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a YFZ and if I was to buy a new one I think I would buy the Honda just becouse they shift bettet and no with electric start. I could care less about being the fastest in a drag race becouse that proves absolutely nothing. I am also giving some thought to going back to a bike. I am tired of the thing breaking and the money you have to put into them to get a good ride.

Quad Dude
10-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Oh, and are they riding stock factory quads like me and you buy from the dealer? didn't think so.

of all the people i know with 450s most of them dont ride stock bikes almost every one out there now days has some type of internal motor work at least around here they do

Martin Blair
10-16-2005, 12:03 AM
You do realize that the yamaha had kickstart (available) before there was an R right? You have heard of the YFZ right?

Well the YFZ was out before the R? hmm i didnt know the YFZ was made in 1985?

jshtex
10-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
Well the YFZ was out before the R? hmm i didnt know the YFZ was made in 1985?

You know two can play that game.

You don't think there was a "yamaha" (thats what I said ;) ) with a kick starter before the 250R came out?

Obviously though (and I think you knew this) I was talking about the YFZ and the 450R..... :D

Syrus
10-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Just remember fellas.. before u start saying hondas better than yamaha or vice versa, wait and see how the suzuki does. Might blow both outa the water.

No matter what tho, im still a honda fan for its reliability :)

h-bomb450R
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow your one illiterate dumb *** aren't you? Or are you just straight stupid? According to my signature i ride an '05 z400 which is made by SUZUKI you retard! ..........Count it!:devil:

And yes honda may have made larger changes but also take into account that they were behind the YFZ last year so those changes were necessary.

How in the hell are u gonna talk bad about the honda when u ride a freakin Z LIKE U SAID!! You're either completely clueless..or your too caught up in trying to be socially accepted, that u have to act like your a pot head and you have to act like you know what your talking about.

Get the hell off of the site if youre going to bash hondas especially since it IS a HONDA website

Austin

kwatts400
10-17-2005, 08:52 PM
You know two can play that game.

You don't think there was a "yamaha" (thats what I said ;) ) with a kick starter before the 250R came out?

Obviously though (and I think you knew this) I was talking about the YFZ and the 450R..... :D

Just as long as we are talking about high performance atvs, lets all keep in mind that Honda introduced the first r way back in 1981( the first atc250r). We are talking about atvs on an atv website, right?

jshtex
10-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by kwatts400
Just as long as we are talking about high performance atvs, lets all keep in mind that Honda introduced the first r way back in 1981( the first atc250r). We are talking about atvs on an atv website, right?

No, we were talking about the yfz and the 450r, but somewhere along the line that got lost.....

z400roosteR
10-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by h-bomb450R
How in the hell are u gonna talk bad about the honda when u ride a freakin Z LIKE U SAID!! You're either completely clueless..or your too caught up in trying to be socially accepted, that u have to act like your a pot head and you have to act like you know what your talking about.

Get the hell off of the site if youre going to bash hondas especially since it IS a HONDA website

Austin

If i was "trying to be socially accepted" why wouldn't i go along with the Honda crowd on the "HONDA website"? Answer that one......

And why was the yfz on top in all but maybe 1 of its shoot outs w/ the 450r....Is the 450r a bad quad, certainly not is it fater then mine yes.....But is it faster then a YFZ450 stock for stock....NO

Why bring my bike into the conversation when it's about two completely different machines? Dumbass, i only said it's what i ride because the idiot said i voted Yamaha because i ride one.....when i Don't.

ThumPIN_450R
10-18-2005, 02:12 PM
If i was "trying to be socially accepted" why wouldn't i go along with the Honda crowd on the "HONDA website"? Answer that one......

And why was the yfz on top in all but maybe 1 of its shoot outs w/ the 450r....Is the 450r a bad quad, certainly not is it fater then mine yes.....But is it faster then a YFZ450 stock for stock....NO

Why bring my bike into the conversation when it's about two completely different machines? Dumbass, i only said it's what i ride because the idiot said i voted Yamaha because i ride one.....when i Don't.

every body was talking about 3 wheelers earlier why not bring the Z 400 into the fight?

z400roosteR
10-19-2005, 03:54 PM
LoL, i dunno..sure why not:D i was just commenting on the original post about all the people selling there yfz's to get the new 450r....And i don't hate honda i ordered one of their bikes and i will be picking it up in december! (we have one of each make so i don't really care, well we will as of now just three)

10-19-2005, 05:44 PM

Not cool..

400exrider36
10-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 93MX6LSV6
Well I don't know if you other Honda guys have noticed this, but I find it funny how all of a sudden there is a huge amount of YFZ's for sell now that the 2006 Honda TRX450ER was available with electric start and a somewhat better design as far as gearing, engine and suspension goes. I read several posts that the actual owners stated, "selling for new Honda 450." Hopefully those Yamaha owners aren't the same ones that liked to brag about their quads and came here to flame this site when it was EX only. Just wanted to post up something about a noted Yamaha YFZ450 "selling frenzy!"

Stephen

all this is gunna is lead to is an arguement...

raptor_02
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
YFZ is by far the greatest race quad ever built!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Honda guys need to just hope that your better riders than your competition because I promise you your quad won't be better. hahaha Also after the new suzuki comes out their will be 2 quads that will bust the 450R!

10-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
YFZ is by far the greatest race quad ever built!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Honda guys need to just hope that your better riders than your competition because I promise you your quad won't be better. hahaha Also after the new suzuki comes out their will be 2 quads that will bust the 450R!

You mean 2 quads that will bust the YFZ ;)

450Redrider5
10-19-2005, 08:37 PM
You mean 2 quads that will bust the YFZ
haha thats definitly true;)

raptor_02
10-19-2005, 10:06 PM
lol i'm just messing around, i'm just glad to see that all the companies are improving their quads and give people options to choose from. It's about time