PDA

View Full Version : help me wierd noises and over heating

coolex
10-12-2005, 02:13 PM
i have a 250 ex and was smoking the tires for a long time like 30 minutes not all at once but a lot of times in 30 minutes like 15 times and they were each about 30 seconds long while on my last one it made a wierd but not that lound noise like up front near the shocks or possibley the front of the engine and then when i gave it the gas it cut out and i could not start it but i could with the choke .then i took the choke out to ride home and it kept like bogging down about to die. so i pushed it back and it felt really hot like i could fell it about 3.5 feet away so i sprayed it down with a spray bottle with water and it kept smoking and it would not kool down and i sprayed around the whole top end which was basically the only hot thing for about 2 minutes staright then i gave up cuz it never cooled down

do i haver a serious problem ?

2004exrider
10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
:confused: not to sure, what did the noise sound like (describe it a little more). but never spray a hot engine with water once its shut off, you can easily crack it in a spot or two.

Jimmy

coolex
10-12-2005, 06:09 PM
i herd not to spray a hot engine with water cuz it cracks but i thought it was bs but i will remember that but the wierd thing is is that it was still hot after that and for like an hour after that and my brother who has a stock 250 ex his engine cooled down quick and we did the same amount of riding

as for the sound it was like a cracking/scraping grinding noise

2004exrider
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
shoot, ill give a stab at it. Well have you done any modifications to it? like put on a different exhaust or modify yours, take off air box lid or put on a high flow filter? If not jetted or jetted rite that can cause it to over heat and not run rite. Try getting it warmed up and doing a compression check on it, your rings might be shot or something. Worse comes worse take it to a dealership or if you feel confident doing it your self then tear the engine apart and take a look. im actually pretty stumped to tell the truth, good luck to ya though.

Jimmy

coolex
10-12-2005, 06:44 PM
thanks jimmy for ur help and yes it is piped with a t-4 and k & n and is jetted perfectly for a pipe and airfilter with air box cover on i have it one because i do a lot of mudding but i was thinking about taking it off and rejjetting but thanks

coolex
10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
also if ne ones tearing my engine down to fix it itll be me