PDA

View Full Version : 300EX jetting at 4,720 ft. PLEASE HELP!!!!

dasanii19
10-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I have a 300ex at 4,720 ft. elivation, I just took my carb off and it has a 38 pilot and a 135 main. My mods are full rcm DG exhaust and a moose foam filter with my lid off.

Please give me an idea of where im suppost to be jetted at, also is there a air fuel mixture screw I need to fool with to tune it after I get my jetting right? And where is the idle screw at?

I just got this 1993 300ex because my 04 z400 just got ripped off, so now im trying to learn a little about hondas. anyone that knows any of these questions please reply. I need to get this thing running...

And what MM is the stock carb on the 300ex? And would it be a good idea to upgrade to something like a 39MM fcr off a yfz or 400ex?

And how do I get the damn spark plug out, ive tried all my spark plug sockets and none will fit and let me get a turn on it????

Try to answer all these questions as best as possible. It will be very helpful for me..

300exOH
10-12-2005, 11:13 AM
You may be a little rich with a 135. Not postive with your elevation though. You may want to let everyone know what it's doing to help diagnose it. I've found that a 40 or 42 pilot helps also. The 400ex carb is supposed to be a good upgrade but the jetting is tricky and it may not be neccessary on a stock motor with minimal mods(pipe,filter,no lid). The only thing that really works to get the spark plug out is the socket that comes in the stock tool kit.

dasanii19
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
so if you think it might be a little right would I go up on the jet? if so what would the next size be? and what position should I have the clip on the needle? also how do I get the needle out? I see some philleps scres in there but dont know if thats how I get the needle out..

Its an older 93 300ex that was given to me and I dont see the took kit on it, is there any other options to getting this plug out?

Thanks for the reply

300exOH
10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
What is the quad doing that makes you think the jetting is wrong? If it is rich you will need to go down on the main jet. It's hard to say if you are rich/lean until you check the plug. I never had to mess with the needle on mine so I can't really give much info there. You may want to pick up a service manual. It will save you a few headaches. I think the only way to use a standard spark plug socket on the plug is to remove the front plastic and tank. You could pick up a stock tool kit for cheap on ebay or even in the for sale section on here.

dasanii19
10-12-2005, 02:40 PM
so if you think it might be a little right would I go up on the jet? if so what would the next size be? and what position should I have the clip on the needle? also how do I get the needle out? I see some philleps scres in there but dont know if thats how I get the needle out..

Its an older 93 300ex that was given to me and I dont see the took kit on it, is there any other options to getting this plug out?

Thanks for the reply