PDA

View Full Version : Pissed Off!!!!!!!!!!

redneck2725
10-12-2005, 07:47 AM
I went riding in the area behind my house today to only find that i cannot head down to my little hillclimb track. There are a ton of logs, branches, rocks, etc. placed on the trail leading down to it, with red spray paint all over several trees stating "STAY OUT". I believe it is hunters, because i rode there for the past several years and even a couple weeks ago before hunting season started with no probs. The owner of the property never allowed hunters when i was young, and now he resides in South Carolina and i really have no way to reach him. I do not think these guys have permission to be out here, and if they keep blocking trails someone is liable to get hurt. Also, my kids ride with me and sometimes we talk walks out there and i'm concerned about taking a bullet or arrow to the head. I'm thinking about writing the Game Warden about this and see if he can come check the area out. I have no problem with hunting, but i think this is alot of BS!!!!:mad: :mad: :grr: :grr:

bwamos
10-12-2005, 07:50 AM
The city/county should be able to tell you who owns the property now. That way you know for sure that it's still owned by the same guy and hasn't been sold to a new owner.

redneck2725
10-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
The city/county should be able to tell you who owns the property now. That way you know for sure that it's still owned by the same guy and hasn't been sold to a new owner.

Well, i heard from a couple neighbors that he sold a couple little sections of it, but he does still own the main part of it.

300ex13
10-12-2005, 07:54 AM
yea id find some offical or warden to clear it up before you ride/walk back there the rest of this year...just to be safe

redneck2725
10-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by 300ex13
yea id find some offical or warden to clear it up before you ride/walk back there the rest of this year...just to be safe

Well, i have not been able to find anyone local yet, but i got the email addy for the State Game Warden

troutman561
10-12-2005, 08:23 AM
ppl that do that have problems.. my friends and I ran into kinda the same thing here where there was an enterence to a trail and someone put cut down branches and it looked like some type of construction metal, its a shame that one perosn has to be an idiot about it cause that whole neighborhood doesnt care, we only ride through there anyways on the way to spots.. oh well

quad9
10-12-2005, 08:26 AM
take a radio and play it very loud on the trail early in the moring, that will get ride of the deer, and piss off the hunters .

redneck2725
10-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by troutman561
ppl that do that have problems.. my friends and I ran into kinda the same thing here where there was an enterence to a trail and someone put cut down branches and it looked like some type of construction metal, its a shame that one perosn has to be an idiot about it cause that whole neighborhood doesnt care, we only ride through there anyways on the way to spots.. oh well

Yeah, it's only one spot blocked off. and it's only 1/16th of the riding area, but it still ticks me off. We have apporx. 8-12 riders in the neighborhood and is was a nice little hillclimb track area to ride in. It's not the end of the world, but it still jacks me off. I wish i could get approached and asked, not just blocked off.

Ghost-Rider
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
yea that happened to me before i just moved the logs n crap n went on but then devolpers bought n did that n were making dangerous crap like unseeable holes n stuff that could really mess you up so 1 approached me n right when they got clsoe to me i roosted-em :scary:

jack_no7
10-12-2005, 01:47 PM
since hunting season doesn't last long why don't just not ride there make the hunters happy and you won't get shot at,,,,also playing music wont get rid of deer they will just leave and return a few minutes later....

zeppelin
10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
man this is the main reason that we lose riding areas in la, not cause of tree hugers or roads, but because hunters come in and take over places that we have been riding on for 10 years, sorry if i hijacked the thread you just reminded me how much i hate people like that

TheFontMaster
10-12-2005, 02:31 PM
One of my friends has a bunch of little trails that we use to get to the sand pits, and main trails here, and those little trails are on his land. Well one day him and his brother were riding along and found a bunch of 2x4's with nails sticking up out of them that were deliberatley barried a couple inches under ground so they couldn't see them.

thrasher_ex
10-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh, i have an idea! How about ride on your own property, tracks, or CHEKC WITH THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY to see if you can ride there. All of these radical ideas are just stupid and wont solve anything except for making whoever is trying to stop you even madder, which really isn't what you want.

Warnerade
10-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
Oh, i have an idea! How about ride on your own property, tracks, or CHEKC WITH THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY to see if you can ride there. All of these radical ideas are just stupid and wont solve anything except for making whoever is trying to stop you even madder, which really isn't what you want. you sir, are a jackass.

fasterblaster09
10-12-2005, 06:13 PM
^^^^ lmao

Quadfather
10-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Just because a person has been riding in a certain place for years doesn't give them the right to be on the property.

Maybe the property changed hands, and the new owners don't want atvs on the property.

Maybe the hunters leased the property for hunting season, giving them legal right to it.

There are too many variables that could have happened. What it boils down to is, if you don't have written permission to be on the property, you are trespassing.

You need to go down to the courthouse, and find out who owns the property, make contact with the owner, and try to get permission to be on the property.

bulkdriverlp
10-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
Oh, i have an idea! How about ride on your own property, tracks, or CHEKC WITH THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY to see if you can ride there. All of these radical ideas are just stupid and wont solve anything except for making whoever is trying to stop you even madder, which really isn't what you want. thats exactly what i was thinking. most of the time you can tell the age of a person by their "ideas" and their "actions". good post btw.

homer
10-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, get something in writing then you hunt down the hunters and ask them for their written permission. Must likely they will not have one. If you have permission and the landowner doesn't allow hunters like you said then ask him if you can remove any treestands that you find. That will put an end to it fast.

redneck2725
10-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, i talked to a neighbor today about the whole thing and they said the land is still owned by the orginial owner, but he sold off a couple small pieces of it. I think the hunters might own that piece, but i'm not 100%. I really do not want to try and track them down since i might be on there new land and they are armed. I actually wich i could meet up with them out there and come up with a agreement. I guess we will see.

660Grizz04
10-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Yea just go talk to them and see .... maybe they did buy that peice and dont want atvs on there during hunting season .... which i would totally respect if i was in yourm shoes ..... they pay the taxes and stuff so if they will let you ride on it even if you cant ride there during hunting season oh well .... Atleast you can during the off season....

thrasher_ex
10-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
you sir, are a jackass.

yeah, the more i thought about it, i realized that riding on property without permission (trespassing) is really the right way to go:rolleyes:

its smart, legal, and earns respect for our sport all at the same time!

redneck2725
10-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 660Grizz04
Yea just go talk to them and see .... maybe they did buy that peice and dont want atvs on there during hunting season .... which i would totally respect if i was in yourm shoes ..... they pay the taxes and stuff so if they will let you ride on it even if you cant ride there during hunting season oh well .... Atleast you can during the off season....

Yeah, i have no prob not riding there during certain days or times. In fact i already do it for another guy that owes a little piece. He hunts between 4pm and 8pm, i don't go near his section. I just wish they would man up and talk to me, instead of setting traps and spray painting all over trees

660Grizz04
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Yea i see what your saying .... Especially spray painting trees ..... ??? I'm not a tree hugger but why not just put some posted SIGNS up or something ..... if i owned land and i didnt want atvs on there i would atleast go talk to the person and see whats up ..... Maybe we could figure something out you know ...

Edit .... BTW do you live anywhere near man wv ??? I have quite a bit of family down there ..... Sure love the hatfeild mccoy trails ....

redneck2725
10-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by 660Grizz04

Edit .... BTW do you live anywhere near man wv ??? I have quite a bit of family down there ..... Sure love the hatfeild mccoy trails .... [/B]

No i live at the very top on the PA/OH borders. About 25 minutes from Pittsburgh

10-12-2005, 08:11 PM
you should call your game warden that works ur local area i had a similar problem like this and they got it all worked out for me.

jesshamner
10-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I think you are definitely on the right track. I guess if you can't find out who these people are, maybe leave a message there at that area. Leave a phone number or something. Maybe they'll give you a call and you can work something out.

A couple years ago, I was driving on some state owned property. The trail is really just a rail system that had been removed. People always ride there and take their trucks or jeeps or whatever. We have been doing this for several years. Anyway, when I was riding I got a flat tire. I drove on the wheels to get out after getting 4 flats. I walked back to take a look at what cut my tires since it was all hard packed clay. I found large aluminum spikes sticking out of the ground. They are approximately 1" wide, 1/4" thick, and 1' long. The tips were razor sharp and cut to a point. I started to look around and found a few more. I pulled all of them out that I could find which ended up being around 40. They were strategically placed in mudholes, in the tracks, around the mudholes, and staggered so that it was impossible to miss them. Whoever it was completely buried the entire thing except for the point. I was pissed but also amazed that someone would to to such lengths to stop a lot of people from going through that area. I'm pretty sure I know who did it but I can't prove it. Bummer huh? Buying 4 new tires that weren't needed wasn't cool either.

troutman561
10-12-2005, 08:54 PM
im waiting for someone to hide some razor wire between trees, that could hurt

thrasher_ex
10-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
im waiting for someone to hide some razor wire between trees, that could hurt

That reminds me of a "this really happened" type show about a kid that got closelined at the throat while riding a dirtbike by thick wire. I dont remember that well, but i think he talks with a machine now and has brain damage.....i think of that almost every time i ride.

Smokin 440
10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Someone who hunts on our land tried telling me I couldnt ride in my woods after labor day weekend every year because of hunting, I walked away laughing, i made a point to then ride to his deer stand every day and piss on his bait pile. I figured it was only fair to be an @$$ because i found his comment out of line and ridiculous, it would have been different if he would pay some sort of rent or something, but nope...

jack_no7
10-13-2005, 06:18 AM
what are you like 12 years old

Plante400
10-13-2005, 11:18 AM
a couple years ago around here a kid on a snomobile got his head halfway cut off cause someone put a wire across the trail..

red2004 TRX450R
10-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I all ways quit riding once Hunting season starts. Except on Sundays when u can’t hunt!
Because lots of my riding area got sold to a lumber company and now they lease it to hunters.
I asked the Lumber Company if I could ride on their land and they said no we cant allow it because of legal reasons. But if u don’t tell us you are ridding there we can’t stop you!
They also told me that if they lease it to hunter they can put up no trespassing signs and they will inforce it!!!

So I dont ride in Hunting season because I dont want them to post it!!!!!

and I am a Hunter my self!

I have sat in treestands with quad riding around and the deer realy don't seem to mind that much!!!!!!

wilkin250r
10-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Ownership is 9/10 of the law.

First and foremost, you would need to find out if it's the ownders that are putting these roadblocks up. This would apply to whoever the owners may be, either the original or the new owners if the original owner sold off parcels.

If the owners are putting up roadblocks, you have no case, but you COULD do the sport a favor and go talk to him. Let him know how dangerous his actions are, and he could have just posted NO TRESPASSING signs instead of roadblocks capable of injuring somebody.

If it's not the owners, or lease holders, then find out who they are and see if they can be prosecuted for criminal intent, or at least let that person know that you have permission to be there.

Smokin 440
10-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by jack_no7
what are you like 12 years old

Uhhh no... It's not that i don't like hunters either, I hunt myself, but don't tell someone what to do on their own property when they are letting you use it...

tacundra
10-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I dont dislike hunters except during riding season....then they suck arse!!

Hunters are definately the main reason we are not allowed to ride on STATE owned property around here.

These hunters are not supposed to hunt on the property either but they do anyway. I guess it is ok for them but not for riders!?!?!?!?:mad:

slamdak8782
10-14-2005, 01:33 AM
The only solution to this is to find out what the owner says If he gave both of you permission then you need to talk to the hunters. If not then the law enforcement needs to interfere and catch those guys because they are poaching. Plain and simple. Lastly if you cause the owner too much headache it is likely he will just tell the both of you to move on, and that is why we lose riding areas. No one wants to out up with a headache for helping people, so try to work this out peacfully not by tearing down stands or putting stuff down to hurt people like barbwire and such. In my book that is attempted murder. Try to be smart and tread lightly but if you are right fight for it it within the means of the law.