PDA

View Full Version : i lived up to my name, again

crashinmatt
06-15-2002, 09:12 PM
well it happened again. let me tell u my crashes never seem to be small. and it only took me like 3 months to get hurt again. this all happened on thursday. it was beginnin to get dark and i figured just down the path and back would be good for now. well i made it down alright, but when i was comin back my right front tire was off the trail a little and hit some tall grass. i hit the brakes, maybe a no-no, but the back end slide around and my quad started to flip sideways. i got thrown off and landed on my left side. i dislocated my left hip and pulled some muscles. the four wheeler is now a three wheeler and i think i bent the steerin stem. when i went to the hospital they said that my dislocation was rare because of the way it went. they almost had to do surgery to get it back in. but i guess these things happen, more so to some than others.

Striker49
06-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Let me get this straight. You veered off trail a little and your front tire went into some grass so you hit the brakes and it flips? :huh

06-15-2002, 09:44 PM
striker thats what i was thinking

06-15-2002, 11:30 PM
hurry up and fix that quad u should be riding as soon as its done ...dislocation isnt serious ride hard

SGA
06-15-2002, 11:49 PM
If thats the way it works i'm gonna change my screen name to ''Studley Hungwell" :D
Glad to hear your o/k.

mikeboone
06-16-2002, 10:25 AM
I find it odd that someone with so little regard for their own safety or the quads; would have 3-4K in mods! Why would you pride yourself in having "crash" associated with your name? p.s if you total your quad; put the good parts left in classifieds, I will buy some:D

crashinmatt
06-16-2002, 11:14 AM
ok hte trail i was on is basically a lane that has tall weeds on both sides. i got off to the one side just a little bit and got caught in the weeds. so basically the weeds slowed down the on side while the other side kept going. and i went over. the crash part was just a joke that someone started callin me. i have a lot of pride in my quad. i think im a lot safer on a track for some reason. i dont get hurt then. all that is broke is the top ball joint on the left side and the bottom one is bent. i havent seen it since i crashed but i believe the stock steering stem also bent. i planned on gettin a new one soon anyway. and i want to ride as soon as possible, but im still quite sore.

DiceMan400
06-16-2002, 03:53 PM
There is no better reason to get new aftermarket parts thn to bust up your old ones...... Way to go Matt..... Hope your out riding soon.....