PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Help (already looked at the sticky)

bad01300ex
10-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Ok ive got a fmf titanium slip on that came when i bought the bike, had stock airfilter and airbox lid off. when i first got the bike there was backfiring and shooting flames out when revvin up, i just thought that was normal, well it wasnt.

Now im into my motor and ive got to adjust the valves (intakes were stuck open) and i had to get a new cylinder/top end and i dont know if it was from running lean

so now that my top end will be fresh i want to jet it correctly.
The guy i bought it from said he did but he was a moron so it wasnt right, i dont know what jets are in there now but ive got

FMF titanium slip on
lid off
k&n filter
i live in ga (dont know the altitude)

KH426
10-11-2005, 05:07 PM
My yfz with the lid off and RE pipe was safe with a 168 main 45 pilot and 2.5 turns out on the mix. Matt ( moble Dyno) got me almost two more ponys by tuning. I would try that set up or get ahold of FMF and see what they suggest. Good luck

sampleez
10-11-2005, 05:36 PM
i've got a drd slipon, cammod, no air box lid, cut out backfire screen, and stock filter. also, i my altitude is about 1000 ft

my jetting is in my sig. just checked the plug today, and it's dark brown.

i also checked my valves for the first time today, and they're all in spec :) i guess maybe i'm just lucky?? cause i've had the bike around 8 months and i try and ride every weekend, and sometimes a time or two during the week, so she's definately got quite a few hours on her.