PDA

View Full Version : New Polaris Is Here!!!

06-15-2002, 05:27 PM
Well this is supposed to be the new polaris.You can see it at predator500.com..I think its pretty cool lookin (for a polaris)

06-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Also notice the throttle cable box.It is the same as all the other polaris atvs.I dunno it looks pretty promissing..

DEAL
06-15-2002, 06:07 PM
Personally i think its ugly.
Its also pretty heavy (415)

MEL
06-15-2002, 07:31 PM
at a race a few weeks ago a rider said he just got a job testing the new polaris sport quad. at first a thought he was talking out his *****, but the more he talked about the testing company(not polaris but a company out of michigan doing tests and promoting). he said 2 guys were testing on the west coast and 2 on the east(one more besides him). they were to ride state parks,off road parks and such, 6 days a week. they'ed have their own mechanic and truck/trailer. he was suppose to start the middle of this month, so we'll see if hes around at the next couple races.

oldnumberseven
06-15-2002, 07:34 PM
I also took part in it's prototype testing. I love that machine!

Super Power and handling.

Chris:devil

Lil90man!!
06-15-2002, 07:56 PM
why doesn't it say polaris all over that site?? just curious could b a real contender if its real but i'ma bit skeptical......:confused:

06-15-2002, 07:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing,and i am still clueless:huh

RideRed04
06-15-2002, 07:59 PM
With a new front bumper, it would look pretty good. I am diggin the beadlocks and the razrs, lets see what all makes it into production.

06-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Yeah i used to own a polaris but i didnt like the power
(not enough) and it was a frekin tank.So i switched to honda,now that i have no quads at all i might have to go back to polaris(might):devil

Striker49
06-15-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Lil90man!!
why doesn't it say polaris all over that site??

No kidding. Ya know, some kid could just be bored and have a really expensive image creating program. Then again...http://www.plauder-smilies.de/eek5.gif

400exredrider
06-15-2002, 08:26 PM
:rolleyes: C-dale wannabe

06-15-2002, 08:54 PM
its different, can't race it, its a 500, kinda heavy, looks different in a cool way

06-15-2002, 09:25 PM
I was thinking, if this isnt a polaris maybe its a bomb,i cant spell the whole thing.I thought they had a new quad commin out?????

Woodsrider
06-15-2002, 09:34 PM
I don't think it is a new Polaris. Not sure what is, But it ain't a polaris.

Anybody ask the guys in the polaris forum at the cryers connection yet?

Striker49
06-16-2002, 12:08 AM
I dont see one company name on it anywhere unless i missed somin. No name on the site or quad? Only Predator? Plus it kinda resembles a mix between Raptor and Blaster plastic in the front. Well, I dunno you guys........anyone else have an opinion? http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/confused4.gif

oldnumberseven
06-16-2002, 01:01 AM
Take my word for it guys....IT IS A POLARIS! I was fortunate enough to be involved in test rides and marketing focus groups for the machine. The one thing I can say is that this is NOT your dads Polaris of yesterday.

Chris

stocktires
06-16-2002, 01:36 AM
ca u give us some info?
How does it handle? They really brag about the handleing!
What the power like? It seems to be a regular ole' liquied cooled 500cc 4-valve motor.
Is it really heavy? I head it was 411lbs (i think), that's dry weight right?

87Warrior
06-16-2002, 10:59 AM
there are some Polaris things about it.

like how it doesn't say "Polaris" anywhere on the site - they do the same thing with the victory motorcycles, it has it's own web site, and on the cycle itself "polaris" is written VERY small under the Victory

stainless steal braided brake lines - polaris has this on all of their quads

fox shocks - also on the scramblers

trademark heavy weight - nuff said

rediculus (sp) amount of suspension - 10 in front and 11 in back

Polaris has a 500cc engine already - not sure that its DOHC or not but its on the sportsman

very tight turning radius - 65in (400ex is like 8ft)

Guy400
06-16-2002, 11:04 AM
I'll trust oldnumberseven and just assume it's the new Polaris. But is it just me or does the rear fender/seat lines remind you of a DS650? The way the seat tapers off like the DS and the rest of the Bomb watercraft. I guess we'll know for sure in August.

DEAL
06-16-2002, 11:07 AM
The engine kinda looks like a bomb too.
Its heavy , also like a bomb.

06-16-2002, 11:29 AM
I still think its a polaris.It looks like they took all the high-perf quads out there and rolled them togeather.Isnt that what everyone wants????A c-dale mixed with a 400ex mixed with a z400 mixed with a ds-650 mixed with a raptor:D

oldnumberseven
06-16-2002, 11:49 AM
The machine handles like a dream. They are going to production with Fox shocks. The thing has nearly a foot of travel front and rear. They use the sweetest rack and pinion steering. It is not a plain ole fourstrock however. It is a dual cam (looked like five valve) Everyone who was lucky enough to get in on the testing were kept in the dark about its displacement. But based on the power I was assumming it was at least 600cc's....I was actually shocked to see that it is a 500. It pulls way harder than a Raptor. I can't believe the dry weight they are claiming...While launching it over 35 foot tables it felt lighter than my 400ex. The machine is very well balanced.

Chris:devil

oldnumberseven
06-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Just an FYI. I have a lot of friends in the industry and the boys at Bomb have a few tricks up their sleeves. Keep your eyes open later this summer. :D

schism_rhs
06-16-2002, 12:38 PM
I think it looks like a pretty nice Quad, Looks like all the new sport machines in one, A little on the heavy side I'll admit but The Power sounds like it would be nice. If its a New polaris I'd like to check it out, Is this a first for Polaris, having a Manual Clutch that is ? I always dreamed of what a scrambler would be like if you could have more control over the power with a clutch. This bike is without a doubt sporty, but seems like it would be a better "all around bike" almost like what the 400 is becoming as of late.

P.S. In the video section of that site, in the "Dirt" Video like 2seconds in you can hear someone coughing (possibly the rider). Just thought it was pretty funny if this is a serious company trying to promote a new quad.

06-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Yes this is polaris's first quad with a manual clutch.They have one quad that is a auto clutch but it was a small ute quad..

schism_rhs
06-16-2002, 12:44 PM
Did anyone else notice that this quad already comes in 3 Differnt customized packages ?
Standard
Cross Country
& Dune
I just thought this would be a little differnt if this is a new Company putting out their first Quad. Kind of leads you to belive that it's a quad coming from a copmany like Polaris or something along those lines.

Tommy 17
06-16-2002, 01:02 PM
i don't feel like reading them all to see if this was asked but is it manual or auto????

Andrew400ex
06-16-2002, 01:09 PM
wut is this "Bomb" ur talkig about? is it an underground jap company or something? thanks..

R-Crazy
06-16-2002, 01:23 PM
i think they are talking about bombardier. iwouldnt want won. couldnt race it in anything. it is heavy. and it is a polaris. polaris makes utility quads, not sport quads. i will see. i still want a z400.

dave

skemp
06-16-2002, 03:42 PM
I have one thing to say: get your heads out of your *****es Honda!

kabd69667
06-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
i don't feel like reading them all to see if this was asked but is it manual or auto????
it is a manual.

01TRX300EX
06-16-2002, 06:01 PM
I like the new Polaris, or Bombardier, and I have even heard it may be a Kawisaki. It is a little on the heavy side but if it has enough power it wont matter. And its got a lot of wheel travel. And I would love that Cross Country edition if it had the regular bumper. But it has Razr's and that is cool. And if it is anything like what oldnumberseven says it is, its bound to be one awesome quad.

Nausty
06-16-2002, 06:09 PM
I think the thing is awsome and it seems perfect for bigger guys that like to do every type of riding and looks like a good handling well balanced machine if you ask me. My dad is really wanting a quad for him and we should be selling our yz80 pretty soon and we just sold our blaster and have everything we have payed off. So most likely we will be getting another 400ex and if this is a good machine then who knows we might get it. I like it a lot and it seems like you should be able to launch off some pretty big jumps with all that travel and those shocks and from the looks of it looks like the thing won't need much modding besides some high end shocks.

06-16-2002, 06:31 PM
Well if its a polaris its gonna have alot of problems garenteed! Not to be maen or anyhting. But like jessie said in the fst in the furious you cant just jump in the ring and box with the big boys(or however it goes) you get the point it is gonna be like the raptor it has potential but is gonna have its problems.
killer

JustRace
06-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Well I think it will be a cool quad. It is defantely a polaris, it even has the same plastic design as what was mentioned in the Ocotober 2001 Dirtwheels. This thing has been in the planning for about 3 years from what they keep saying in dirtwheels. Heres a quote from this months dirtwheels. "And the highly-anticipated Polaris high-performance quad is just around the corner." - August 2002.

I'll be selling the 400ex here because of a injury and if i'm better buy the time this thing comes out maybe i'll get it. If you don't believe me I took this picture tonight and it will be going up 4-sale tomorrow.

06-16-2002, 08:14 PM
Well guys i know a guy on the fourms that goes by lurch77 and he said he has inide onfo on this quad.From what he said this is a polaris end of story....He also said that the site is sponsered by polaris it is just a cover up to hide there tracks,they want to shock the atv world, or somthin like that.Well thats what he said..But i dont know i am goin with lurch

06-16-2002, 08:18 PM
Well guys i know a guy on the fourms that goes by lurch77 and he said he has inide info on this quad.From what he said this is a polaris end of story....He also said that the site is sponsered by polaris it is just a cover up to hide there tracks,they want to shock the atv world, or somthin like that.Well thats what he said..But i dont know i am goin with lurch

R-Crazy
06-16-2002, 10:37 PM
i am selling my 300 to get a Z400, not any Polaris. Until Harley comes out w/ a sport quad, I am sticking to a Japenese ATV. Harley is the only american open wheel manufacturer(sp?)that i trust,IMO.

dave

Freeride
06-17-2002, 12:35 AM
Ive got some good proof its a polaris. Look at the cross country model. Walker evans shocks. Same brand of shocks used on polaris race sleds.

MOFO
06-17-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by KiLLeR300EX
But like jessie said in the fst in the furious you cant just jump in the ring and box with the big boys...

OMG kids do watch this movie and treat it like "real life"......ugh... :huh

Anyways, if you guys look close you can see Polaris characteristics.... very long suspension travel, look at the VERY tall front shock....the A-arms look kinda funky, almost like they were made by a company that never used A-arms before....

I believe this is the new Polaris sport quad....no doubt about it....

Eric

offroader66
06-17-2002, 03:36 PM
If this is the new polaris and it performs half as well as their watercraft(Virage 1200TXi) I will be looking at it.

MEL
06-17-2002, 08:01 PM
which sleds do they use those shocks on? this is a first i've heard of it.

stupid driver
06-18-2002, 04:08 PM
hey. anyone know wut the price of this predator is. it looks like it mite be a little pricey

fourtrax400ex
06-18-2002, 04:23 PM
it surely a polaris, in the end of july there a big show from polaris in wisconsin for the dealer where they reveal the new models, and at the end of the video on predator500.com you can see it was unleashed august 2002, another thing, i remember in dirtwheel a think, about 6-8 month ago, there an article on the new suzuki and the new polaris, there only a small sketch in the top of the page from the two new model, 2 or 3 month later the picture of the new suzuki was shown and was exactly like the sketch and now the predator was exactly like the sketch too, someone at dirtwheel have very good informant!!!

87Warrior
06-18-2002, 07:43 PM
its definatly a polaris

the steal braided brake cables are a clue, only polaris has that

and they make a 500cc motor already
and scramblers come with fox shox same as the predator

lil400exman
06-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 300ex rules
i am selling my 300 to get a Z400, not any Polaris. Until Harley comes out w/ a sport quad, I am sticking to a Japenese ATV. Harley is the only american open wheel manufacturer(sp?)that i trust,IMO.

dave

dave just wonderin i know harleys are american if you took all the japanese parts off of it could you ride it home? just a tidbit no offense but there is nothing a japanese machine do eter than a harlet i mean harley lol

R-Crazy
06-19-2002, 11:28 AM
i see what ur saying, everything these days is made in china or japan. but the motor is american. that is sort-of the point that i was getting at.

dave

06-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Here this should prove its a polaris

Word Mark PREDATOR
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: All-Terrain Vehicles
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76354753
Filing Date January 3, 2002
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Owner (APPLICANT) Polaris Industries Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 2100 Highway 55 Medina MINNESOTA 55340
Attorney of Record David C. West
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

so to sum that up polaris applied to use the name predator.

06-20-2002, 01:08 PM
I dont know if this was mentioned but...
In the article in either ATV Action, when they were spying on the Polaris boys testing their new quad they said the test bike was using what appeared to be a rack type steering setup which would go along with the Predators unique steering system.
Maybe that will help clear things up.

Poncho
06-24-2002, 10:15 AM
Here is the XC version. It's sweet.:D