PDA

View Full Version : winter xc build choices?

450robot
10-10-2005, 09:41 PM
ok, im starting to plan my gncc quad rebuild for this winter, and there is a few choices running through my head, can you guys give me your oppinions on them?

#1: keep my r, save up money somehow by selling stuff on ebay, and then buy some elkas, smc fab. high clearance aarms, hiper nonbead fronts and bead rears on some type of xc tires, fasst bars, plastics, bumper and skids, pipe, and maybe other stuff... finding the money out of nowhere will be hard for me though, as i dont have a liscense to drive, which holds me back from getting a job because i cant drive into town (i live waaaaaay back in the woods)

#2: sell my r for maybe $5500, and buy my buds 03 predator for $2800, which leaves me $2700 over plus some extra from christmas money when it comes around... completely tear it down, rebuild the motor, get some work done to it, pc the chassis parts, beadlock hipers all around on xc tires, shocks all around, plastics, fasst bars, exhaust, swingarm, etc.

#3: sell the r, save up some christmas money, go to the local dealer where my dads bro works, and get a hell of a deal on a kawasaki prairie team green, get some omf reinforced wheels and some tires, maybe a pipe

they all sound good to me, i like the sound of a predator rebuild just because i like building motors, but i do like my r, but utility quads have been on my mind for a while, and they are really fun to ride, and race

any oppinions?

FasstMidnightZ
10-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I would go with the Preadator. But, if your wanting to do the utility thing then go that route. The polaris would be fun for you though. Sounds like it would have more mods then the others and look good to.

Butters
10-10-2005, 09:53 PM
what is with choice number 3? it seems way different then the others.

450robot
10-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Butters
what is with choice number 3? it seems way different then the others.

haha, i just got tired of typing, and gave a quick desciption

DRT
10-10-2005, 10:22 PM
gonna be hard to get 5500 for an R.I have a full aftermarket XC R I cant even sell for 5000.Arens chasis.Roll/axis shocks,a arms and swing arm.Built all aftermarket there is simply no demand for a R.

tater_kamik
10-11-2005, 08:57 AM
stick with an r i would think, but #1 and #2 are sound good, screw #3

Colby@C&DRacing
10-11-2005, 09:03 AM
I would keep the 450r

kyex40047
10-11-2005, 08:37 PM
You will never get 5500 for an 05 450r. My friend found a real good deal on one brand new and had trouble selling it for like 5000. The most you will get is like 4500, maybe. With the new 06 coming out you waon't get much for it.
Don't buy a predetor. You will have to buy a lot of stuff to getting race ready, and to keep it that way.
Keep your 450r. If money is an issue, thats your best choice, nice and relieable and race the stock class.

trx400exxracer
10-11-2005, 09:02 PM
stick with #1

450robot
10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
thanks for the help guys, ive decided to keep the r, obviously its just the smart desicion

i might just do what kyex said and build a nice stock class racer

maybe some hiper non bead fronts, and bead rears, xc tires, fasst bars, and some plastics and skids, maybe ims pegs and rath heel gaurds if i get the chance

but im sure i can find a way to get money for some elkas and arms down the road, and maybe a pipe

time will tell

kyex40047
10-11-2005, 10:34 PM
If you are going to spend that much money, get beadlock fronts. That way if you have a flat it won't come off the rim. Also I would sugesst a set of pro peg nerf bars instead of ims pegs. And as for elkas, You could get the stock shock rebulit half the cost of elkas and still work just as good, or depending on the shock builder maybe even better then elkas. Skids are a must, If you don't have any now, that sould be the first thing you buy.

Honda
10-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Choice #4

Sell the R for $5500.00. Scrounge up another $2-$3000.00 and buy someones used R that is already set up for GNCC.

I see them all the time with $10k plus in mods for $7-8k with low usage on them.

If you don't find an R, there are always other machines for sale also.

just an option.

Example: Look at my mod list below. What do you think I could realistically get for this bike used? $7500? Maybe little less, maybe more?

And I have really only ran about 3-4 tanks of fuel through it.

Guys with quads like mine are going to be selling there 04-05's for the new 2006 model, that is when you need to snatch one up. Their loss is your gain my friend.

Sorry, mine ain't for sale.......yet!