PDA

View Full Version : Goin to get new exhaust system!!

JhallettEX
06-15-2002, 05:07 PM
I am going to get a complete new exhaust system, header and silencer. I am having a tuff timing deciding on what to get. What do you think about the DMC, Sparks, Duncan, TC....what else, I need some help here and I want to get it this week for my next race.

06-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Yoshimura ..

06-15-2002, 05:16 PM
Yoshi Yo!

OGDOG!!

Go Lakers!

Dave400ex
06-15-2002, 05:50 PM
Well the TC is just a Silencer. Tom doesn`t make a Header Pipe. He likes the Stock Header because it has more Torque. I like mine a lot and haven`t had any Problems with it. Once you get the Jetting down it runs Great. I finally got my Jetting right and Tom told me to run a different Plug because I was still Fouling Plugs with the Jetting he told me. So I ran it and now it runs Great, it just won`t start after you Clean it and spray all that Cold Water on it. I think the Plug Fouled again because it wouldn`t start after all the Cold Water. So from now on I won`t even try to start it and I think the Plug will be Fine. For the most Part I am glad I got the Pipe and you would be too.

holeshot19
06-15-2002, 07:28 PM
im runing a duncan fatboy 4. its loud but i did a list of mods when i installed it so can realy say how much it makes. i can say last week and a local xc race while i was tuneing the carb on the gncc pro riders #11 275 duncan lobo he rode my ex and was impressed with my engine

Ex_Rider43
06-15-2002, 07:39 PM
it depends on what you want.....sparks is more a botom end pipe and the dmc is a top end pipe and dmc just make the alien system now.I ordered it and it should arive in 4 weeks or so..I cant wait!!!

shook
06-15-2002, 07:49 PM
I bought the x6 sparks pipe and love it it sounds great and really isnt any louder than my w/b was.Id either go with the TC slip on or the sparks again there was a used fat boy 4 in the classifieds a while back may be sold now if you could get it for a good deal it probably would work just as well as the rest I would nt get a dmc they are good but I believe they are out dated since some of the newer pipes have come out there s an x4 in the classifieds also.

bansheeguy77
06-15-2002, 08:00 PM
i like my big gun full race system. i put that on along with a kn and a wb rev box and it made a huge dif in power. it gained alot on top and just keeps pulling. i raced a 400 with equal mods eccept he had a dyno jet kit on his along with a complete wb system. he gave it **** on the take off i babied it not to pull a wheelie so he got about a 2 quad length lead and thats about the way it stayed. ya well i still think i could take him if i got a good holeshot. the big gun is by far the best sounding 400 pipe i ever heard though...its loud 2.

stevengates45
06-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Sparks without a doubt. You cant go wrong with Sparks.

400exRacerX
06-15-2002, 10:35 PM
LRD or Sparks for a built motor, I wouldnt go with DMC, WB, FMF, PC or any of the main stream crap.

I prefer the LRD, I used to have the WB e series slip on, now I have the complete chrome LRD system.

Blackguywithouta400
06-16-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by 400exRacerX
LRD or Sparks for a built motor, I wouldnt go with DMC, WB, FMF, PC or any of the main stream crap.

I prefer the LRD, I used to have the WB e series slip on, now I have the complete chrome LRD system.

Ok i dont know how you could consider LRD and Sparks to be any less main stream then any of the other pipes listed. I really think the difference you are going to find between any well built full system is going to be very little but enough to measure on a dyno, LRD makes good stuff so does DMC, SPARKS ride what you want i guess but we shouldnt make assumtions on whats main stream or not.

MX MadMann
06-16-2002, 05:37 AM
sparks is the power gain master , check the dyno's. its off tha heezie my neezie.

JhallettEX
06-16-2002, 10:35 AM
I think I have decided on the Sparks, there website is done, anyone know there number? How much is there complete system?

rdmex
06-16-2002, 10:40 AM
LRD do i need to say anything more

Giz400ex
06-16-2002, 10:58 AM
Price wise I'm not sure what Sparks is getting for his???? I believe its around $500.00????? The LRD is $450.00????? Well, I have a LRD and have had it for just over 2 years and love it!!!! Now, everybody that says that Sparks is the best and yada yada yada!!! Well, I raced a 400 w/a sparks pipe and there pretty much the same!!! The only thing that's different is the noise!!! Sparks is a bit louder and more throaty!!! Its all what you want to spend and what name you prefer!!!!

Dave400ex
06-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Well I think the Sparks is a Good Choice. When I was getting ready to buy a Pipe I was going to get the TC or Sparks. I talked to Tom and liked what I heard and he had a Cheaper Price so I got the TC and I am very Happy with it when my 400 starts, which getting it started is a Pain. The Sparks is also a Great Pipe. Go to www.sparksracing.com I was going to get the Stainless Steel X-6. For you since you are Racing I would get the X-6 without a Spark Arrestor. You can get the Plain Ceramic X-6 for $489 or the Stainless Steel for $519. Their number is 661-872-4343.

Punk13rym
06-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Definately look in to a Big Gun full exhaust system

nakomis0
06-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Sparks and WB perform the best. I personally like the WB, just because where i ride the DNR has issues with noise and spark arresters. With the WB, you can adjust the noise (and jetting) and of course it has a spark arrester.

Fast-n-Furious
06-16-2002, 07:55 PM
If your buying a new system are you gonna sell your white bros pipe that you got now? If so let me know how much you want for it cause i am looking to get a used pipe. Thanks

kicken250x
06-16-2002, 10:21 PM
the WB prom-meg and sparks are ther 2 best i think

stupid driver
06-16-2002, 11:30 PM
i am a wb fan. it has a nice sound to it, just a little less hp than the sparks(yet it has a spark arrestor) and it costs less. i dont have 1 yet, but u can count on me buyin 1 soon. ya them stript bolts can be a pain in the @$$ but if ur careful u can avoid that all in the first place. :devil :devil :devil

06-17-2002, 06:35 AM
I like this combo....:D But if I had to do it all over again my other choice would be a hetricks pipe..

max400EX
06-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Rico, Why do you say Hetrick now!? I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and it was supposed to be shipping today.. I sure as ***** hope it gets here soon, I am anxious to ride... NO MORE BRUISED RIBS FOR ME!

Full report W/O pics when I get it jetted

JhallettEX
06-18-2002, 06:38 PM
Ok I have for sure decided on the X-6, but I have a few questions tho.......Should I get it with or without the SA? Also, should I get the chromed or the ceramc coated one? I will mostly just be using this for racing, so I am thinking without the SA. What do you think?

MadMan400ex
06-18-2002, 06:52 PM
My choice for an exhaust system would definately be the Trinity Racing Stage IV Racing exhaust. Stainless headpipe with polished silencer. Killer good looks and awesome performance throughout the power band. I just hope you like it loud!:devil

max400EX
06-18-2002, 07:11 PM
JHallett, I would suggest talkin to Rich Hetrick and see what he says. His pipes are ceramic coated already and can add generic supertrapp discs (unlike DMC which are about $60) for the SA. His pipes are priced competitively at $440 compared to the $500+ of an X-6 and i hear the gains are a little better also. Mine will be here next tuesday:D I CAN'T WAIT. My response on it will be later in the week due to me getting my drivers liscence and pimpin the stip every night.

Main points, Hetrick's is cheaper, better features, and better gains in HP.