PDA

View Full Version : how do you change the cam chain

exrider55
10-10-2005, 07:34 PM
i just need directions so i dont do sumptin stupid and mess everything up

mad440
10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Why u changin it for starters, because i can explain to u how to do it ive done it several times to mine and some other quads, it would be a good idea though to pick up a honda service manual for it or clymer manual they both go into pretty good detail with step by step instructions on how to do it, thats how i learned, now i dont even have to read the book its all memorized.

Van Gogh
10-11-2005, 06:42 PM
my buddy runs a 440 but cannot run quad with the air box cover on, my 440 motor is almost ready, but I really need to run with air box cover on due to wet conditions. I saw K+N mesh box cover, but how water proof and snow proof is it? I will try diff jets when it lives. Have you ever ran with the cover on? Any feed back will be very cool. Thanks

mad440
10-12-2005, 08:22 AM
yeah i have ran with the airbox lid on with the stock snorkel and what not with the 440, but it just wasent gettin enough air i only had like half my throttle because any more throttle and my engine would bog due to too much fuel and not enough air. so i recently perchased the k&n air box lid/filter with outerwear and i have 95% of my throttle now so what im gonna do is adjust the air fuel on the carb and get the rest that way (maybe change a jet if i have to).
As for it being water proof i had my seat off and direct jet stream from a hose and the inside was dry so i have no doubt that it will be dry with the seat on in normal riding conditions.

quad2xtreme
10-12-2005, 09:50 AM
hijack!!! Try a PM or start another thread.