PDA

View Full Version : Installing graphics?

jcquads
10-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Got new graphics and just wondering how to install them?I 'm looking for away to put them on and not get any bubbles.Also what to put on before so i can slide them around to get into place?

luvmyex
10-10-2005, 08:28 PM
clean the plastic with alcohol 1st. I dont like to put anything on there to make em slide. i dont think they stay as well. You just have to line it up best you can and start with one tip and SLOWLY work your way to the other end. Use the slick backing to rub the edges real well. If you do get a bubble you should see it as you progress and can pull it back enough to get it out. If you do miss any take a pin and pop it and rub it back down good.

10-12-2005, 11:43 AM
all i do is clean the plastic with water and then put the graphics on. on one set of graphics i stuck on got alot of bubbles and i jest poped them with a pen and a nuther set i got got no air bubbles.

10-14-2005, 08:30 AM
a little soap with warm water, then rub out bubbles.

psiwel
10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
my uncle did some for us and they look great
he soaked the kit in warm water and washing up liquid the placed them in place and smoothed them out this works well but clean the plastics 1st

cody_119
10-21-2005, 06:02 AM
use sticker- on. all of my graphics and backgrounds we put on w/that stuff. it works real good. i would clean the plastic up before you put it on though. you can buy it a wal-mart, its like 3 or 4 dollars. they also have sticker-off.

Jersey450R
10-21-2005, 06:37 AM
clean plastics with alcohol, spray plastics with a little soapy water, put graphic on, move around till lined up, rub out excess water if any, pop bubbles with pin if any (shouldnt be), rub real good, hair dryer to graphics till hot and dry, dont touch for at least 3 days, ifs its humid, give them a week.

10-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Clean the plastics with CONTACT CLEANER. Then wash it off with warm soapy water. Dry it real well before continuing. Do not take all of the backing off at once. Take a razor blade and slice through the backing very lightly as not to cut the graphics. Make this chunk small, and peel off the backing. Line it all up and stick the little part on you have taken off the backing. get it all lined up, and take more and more backing off as you go. This will ensure that you get it lined up correctly, and you wont have to worry about the graphic accidently sticking down on the plactic before your ready, ect. I can take a picture of what you do with the backing paper if you don't understand. It's kind of hard to explain. Use a hairdryer to make the graphics more plyable if your working with curves and dips,ect. Just don't heat it too much, or you will start to dissolve the adhesive and make the graphics stretch too far. Use an automotive graphics squeegie or a credit card to work out the bubbles. You can go riding right after your done if you use this method, not a week or so with some of the other ways discribed :huh . PM me if you have anymore questions.

jcquads
10-21-2005, 04:10 PM
hey guys,thanks for all the advice.i got them on and they look great. THANKS!!!!!!