PDA

View Full Version : xc motor rebuild

h-bomb450R
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
i have to rebuild my topend...and i need the reliability that the bike has had with the stock stuff in it...So do u guys think that i should rebuild it back to stock....or should i go with an aftermarket piston?

austin

10-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by h-bomb450R
i have to rebuild my topend...and i need the reliability that the bike has had with the stock stuff in it...So do u guys think that i should rebuild it back to stock....or should i go with an aftermarket piston?

austin

i would go ahead and go aftermarket with a crf cam, JE or CP piston with thermal coating if you would like, id get the 3 ringer, and then the 2002 crf cam if you want a overall gain with more on top, or the 2005 crf cam if you want a true overall gain with a good xc powerband

kyex40047
10-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Put an aftermarket piston in there. Maybe a wiseco 12:1 comp, but stay with stock bore. As for a cam, try a Hotcam stage 2 cam, It gives you top end and not loose any bottem. Also you could try going with a heavier flywheel.

DirtDevilBT
10-15-2005, 11:21 PM
I rather like my set up for the desert/ trails/ XC riding I do.

02 CRF
PC w/ tork tube
UNI
Lidless

Great down low power and better than stock top. Torque gets you out of trouble and allows you to be very fast without having to be up on the rpms.

<PS> I have a 12.25:1 piston going in soon and will be removing the torque tube. I can't wait.